Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axe mount

Old 07-24-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5150cliff
Do you actually need an axe? I've been off roading for over 40 years and have never used one. A chainsaw, yes, but never an axe. Is it because it will look cool sitting up on the jeep or will you actually have a need for one? Don't waste your money on hanging cool looking items there when they're not necessary. A shovel will serve you better and you can get one that folds that hides under a seat so you won't need to 'hang' that on the jeep either. Just my take on it. Too many guys put too many bells and whistles on the jeep that don't contribute to any function other than looking cool. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear.
I wouldn't call an axe "bells and whistles". Also you admitted to having to use a chainsaw, so what's your point? Mount your chainsaw if it suits you.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ agreed. Why come on a forum to bust someone's balls about a mod they want. Unless they're putting someone or their jeep in danger, just offer some help or keep it to yourself. It's their money, let them blow it how they want.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obviously, I'm confused. I suppose that unless we agree with every post, then we're not allowed to have an opinion. Where do you get busting balls from? You guys are wound a little too tight. Take some valium bro.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's all good man. My point was, the OP wasn't asking our opinion if he should get one or not. He's already decided that. He's asking how to mount it. Who cares if he ever uses it.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubicon
It's all good man. My point was, the OP wasn't asking our opinion if he should get one or not. He's already decided that. He's asking how to mount it. Who cares if he ever uses it.
X2. I agree Stubicon.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mounted Axe and shovel just looks cool and gives a reason to drill new holes in your jeep. Haven't used my yet other than landscaping around my house. At least I always know where they are. Lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsmarble
Where did you fine gentlemen find these mounts?

Stay muddy my friends
Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

My ax has never run out of gas, oil or broke a chain. Have used it many times to clear the trail or prep wood for camp
Old 07-24-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been clearing overgrown trails on my family's farm the past few weekends and an axe comes in handy. I use the chainsaw to clear the bulk of the path and the axe to cut the little 4" tall 1" thick stumps. Not trying to dig my Stihl into the ground when an axe handles the job much better. I'll be picking up some quick fists for sure.

Quick Reply: Axe mount