Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger Supercharger TTest Drive impressions

Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, if you don mind me asking, the centri type charger just makes the stock power until it builds boost? So my JK will feel stock within how many yards once leaving a stop sign/ red light? Are wetalking power only made past 3k? 4k? 5K.... I mean it doesnt rev to the moon if you know what I mean. Its a Caravan engine. lol
Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had an Avenger blower on my 2.5L, in my YJ. Big difference. I didnt buy the kit new, so it didnt cost me the 5 grand. For what I paid for it, it was well worth it. Not sure if i would do it again, if I had to pay full price.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

N8kern,

The centrifugal blowers will make more power than our stock motors at lower rpm. It might take 1500 - 2000rpm before it starts to make power, but you will really feel it once you hit 3000+rpm as it will really build awesome boost/power all the way to redline. The more air forced into it the more it will eat and produce power. I have not driven a supercharged JK, but anyother vehicle I have driven with this type of blower makes power like this.

If you have a manual, it will feel more responsive than an auto, and you should be able to keep it in the powerband more often. Starting off from a light, a manual can get the revs up even before you leave, but remember our drivetrain is not meant for racing. Not sure how long the drivetrain would hold up to light to light hard throttle applications...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the photo of the Jeep with the big scoop on the hood?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

if you look at the install directions there is a pic of a yellow jk w/ a white scoop on its hood

Quick Reply: Avenger Supercharger TTest Drive impressions