Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger Supercharger

Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can read charts all you want but I have one and drive one and I personally believe its a waste of money.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by highoctane
There is the misinformed knowledge on roots blowers from way back in the day that they are nothing m ore than a hot air fan that cost a few grand, then there is modern facts about roots blowers and how they have their advantages, such as instant 100% boost at 2000rpm and less, and the ability to hold that boost to the redline of the JK engine.
Originally Posted by highoctane
Looks like pretty significant gains at low rpm to me.
The charts look like they begin graphing in the 3300+ RPM range. I'd like to see increased performance beginning in the 1500-1800 RPM range. What am I missing, except maybe the point?

By the way, hope you're enjoying the cooler climate up there.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
The charts look like they begin graphing in the 3300+ RPM range. I'd like to see increased performance beginning in the 1500-1800 RPM range. What am I missing, except maybe the point?

By the way, hope you're enjoying the cooler climate up there.

This dyno test was on an auto jk. The torque converter would not allow the engine to hold 2k rpm or even 2500 rpm without downshifting to second. Be nice to see the exact same tuning done on a manual jk with the avenger.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by johnnyj33p
I'm would be embarrassed to say how much time and money was put into my Avenger super charger with such little power gain. Keep in mind most of the power that is gained is on the top end, which is almost useless on a trail.
I have an 09 Rubicon 6sp with the Avenger Supercharger and I have tons of power from beginning to end.. So I'm confused on your statement of power gained at top end?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepsoldier
I have an 09 Rubicon 6sp with the Avenger Supercharger and I have tons of power from beginning to end.. So I'm confused on your statement of power gained at top end?
I have been dying to talk to someone with an avenger SC system as the torque boost all the way down in the 1200 - 1500 range really appeals to me and seems like it would drive just like a v-8. What was your before and after fuel economy numbers? How does it act at very low RPMs? I ask because sometimes I idle around town at ~1000 RPMs and worry that the tuning for any supercharger may not allow smooth engine operation in that low of RPMs.

To someone who can finally speak for the elusive Avenger system that I've been dying to hear about!!

Quick Reply: Avenger Supercharger