Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger Supercharger

Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed avenger about the supercharger for the jk, heres what they said:

Jared, we are about 30-45 days out yet, Kit will fit either manual or auto. We are going to be able to reflash the syock ecm, and the stock injectors are large enough. You will have to cut the hood and a bolt on hood scoop that will come with the kit.
thank you,
Jack
Old 04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigJerm
Yeah lets hope the kit is not to high. I came from import world, drove a Hyundai Tiburon, and u could get a base SC kit that came with the SC, all belts/hoses/fittings needed for direct bolt and a fully custom built upper and lower Intake manifold and it put u somewhere around 210 whp (ran around 147 whp stock) with no other modifications and no tune or injectors needed and ran 3-4 psi. Or u could upgrade to the bada** kit that was a bigger blower, ice box IM, intercooler, pretuned mafterburner (fuel tuner with a "safe" tune to get u to the dyno) new injectors, and all other parts needed but u needed stuff like new motor mounts, intake, headers, exhaust and it ran around 8 psi and with all supporting mods put u over 300 whp for a little over $4k
A 100% gain at 8 psi? Sounds pretty unlikely.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

its not unlikely. with intake, headers, exhaust, SC kit, intercooler set up with Ice Box manifold, custom aggressive tune, premium gas, new clutch/flywheel set up, along with all the new injectors, plugs, wires and other such that comes with the kit it happens. There are several people with just those mods over 300 whp in Tiburons. Check www.newtiburon.com if u dont believe me.

Heck people with Intake, new Intake manifolds, headers, exhaust, tune, clutch/flywheel set up, and reground cams are getting around 240 whp (of coarse this is all on a dyno jet, not a mustang dyno)

I would be nice to see there be more NA parts for Jeep, like cams, IM's and headers, not just intake and exhaust and computer chips
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife won't be against the idea of a supercharger, her dad did it to some trucks and Suburbans to get over the mountians when she was a kid. A hood scoop might push it too far. Does the hood scoop come with a flame decal kit
?

Does it have to be an open scoop, or would a higher clearance hood work? Does it need to see fresh air? What happens when water washes over the hood?

Can you say muddy water beer-bong action?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Birmingham, AL where Hesco is, and awhile back I went by there because I was interested in their supercharger. Next thing I know he was letting me drive his jeep with the supercharger. We both had 4 door black, though his started as an x and is slowly changing into a rubi. It had the kit up and running on it. It was amazing. Felt like a v-8 in the jeep. I don't know the specifics but it was incredible how much of a difference it made. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ColoradoJeep06
Does it have to be an open scoop, or would a higher clearance hood work? Does it need to see fresh air? What happens when water washes over the hood?

Can you say muddy water beer-bong action?
A supercharger is forced induction, you don't need an open hood scoop for fresh air. I'm not sure about the water, but my guess is it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's gonna be funny when all the stock torque to yield head bolts and head gaskets start failing. Yall better include head studs AND getting your heads fire ringed on top of everything else, or you'll be sorry. That's probably another 2 grand. The extra boost will cause the head bolts to stretch and compromise the head gaskets. Good luck with all that.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
It's gonna be funny when all the stock torque to yield head bolts and head gaskets start failing. Yall better include head studs AND getting your heads fire ringed on top of everything else, or you'll be sorry. That's probably another 2 grand. The extra boost will cause the head bolts to stretch and compromise the head gaskets. Good luck with all that.

Shouldn't be a problem with a safe tune and these mild boost levels, but I guess we'll find out. Or they'll find out. I'm too broke for a supercharger.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Shouldn't be a problem with a safe tune and these mild boost levels, but I guess we'll find out. Or they'll find out. I'm too broke for a supercharger.
Yup, they're GONNA find out. Believe me. These things already have aluminum heads on an iron block. That means, there's a BIG chance there's a blown head gasket already in it's future dead stock. Aluminum and iron have different expansion rates. Always have. Always will. Unless the head gasket is fire ringed from the factory (which it AIN'T), sooner or later the stock gasket will probably get tired of all that squirmin around, and give it up. Add them DUMBASS torque to yield head bolts on top of that, and a blower....and you're just lookin for trouble. That engine was not built to take a supercharger from the factory....and it'll show. I lost count of all the Toyotees I've done head gasket jobs on, both under warranty and out. The Ford 3.0 and 3.8 V6 was the same. The Powerstroke I just traded was a prime example. I had an AirRaid intake, 4" Banks exhaust and a Diablosport Predator programmer on it on stage II. I BABIED that truck. Heaviest thing it EVER hauled was my 14 foot fiberglass boat. It didn't even know it was there....hear what I'm sayin? 2 Weeks after I traded, my friend who works at the dealership told me that they had the truck down at the 5 Star Ford store with a blown head gasket and pukin oil back through the turbo. If it couldn't take those aftermarket pieces with the way I drove it, it was gonna tear up STOCK. All it wouldda taken was somebody to hook up to a horse trailer or some kinda REAL load and it wouldda all been over with. I'm tellin yall as sure as I'm sittin here, yall are GONNA have trouble unless you do some custom work on the weak parts of the engine.....and you may have trouble after that. Knock yesrselfs out though. I wanna see some tire smoke. LMAO

Oh, and on edit.....about that "safe tune" or whatever you called it. Let me ask you this....do you think these companies are gonna TELL anybody that there's a chance their huffer will spit head gaskets when they're about to get your $5,000.00 check? ALL of them say that. "Safe for your vehicle" "Won't cause engine damage".....and on and on. When it comes to supercharging, the engine is either designed for it, or it ain't. There ain't no in between. Yall have fun now, ya hear? Oh, I want pics. LOL

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 02-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the avenger supercharger for my 2.5 TJ. Within 6 months, I sold the whole Jeep.

On that kit, they recommended using a body lift to achieve clearance needed for the roots supercharger body, so no hood cutting.

The workmanship of the parts was excellent, but on the TJ, the tuning was impossible. They may have solved this with a reflash for the JK, but the solution was a positive pressure MAP sensor and bigger injectors on the TJ. ran like hell. I even tried a programmable map sensor (split second), but just couldnt get it right.

I went from having a carefree Jeep to living in fear of every noise. I had an air-fuel sensor, and I drove around giving it the stink-eye all the time. I would never do it again. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Avenger Supercharger