Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger Supercharger

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The basic supercharger most probably will NOT cost over $5000. As I indicated, Hesco's is currently selling at $3800. MBAR wrote that Avenger's is around $4300. Toss in another $100 for shipping (and $250 for taxes if you are unfortunate). So if all you are going to do is add the basic blower, there you have it. 5K will allow you to drive away with change in your pocket.

BUT. If you add the Unichip (or another power programmer), figure on another $800 - $1200. (my $5k).

Then if you get silly, add another $1000 for the intercooler.

But WAIT! What if I......
Add another $80 - $300 for gauges.
Add another $300 for an intelligent intercooler radiator water spray.
Add another $150 to $300 for the CAI.
Add another $150 to $400 for the exhaust.
Add another (did I run out of ideas already?)

Like any other jeep project, you can do a little or go crazy and melt your VISA.

I think its time for me to join that jeepaholics anonymous 12 step support group................................
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

well hopefully they can design the kit to work with a completely stock Jeep (well maybe with just an intake). I know several SC kits for cars make them to work with a completely stock car, then they offer diffrent pulleys to raise the boost to run on more highly modified vehicles
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
The basic supercharger most probably will NOT cost over $5000. As I indicated, Hesco's is currently selling at $3800. MBAR wrote that Avenger's is around $4300. Toss in another $100 for shipping (and $250 for taxes if you are unfortunate). So if all you are going to do is add the basic blower, there you have it. 5K will allow you to drive away with change in your pocket.

BUT. If you add the Unichip (or another power programmer), figure on another $800 - $1200. (my $5k).

Then if you get silly, add another $1000 for the intercooler.

But WAIT! What if I......
Add another $80 - $300 for gauges.
Add another $300 for an intelligent intercooler radiator water spray.
Add another $150 to $300 for the CAI.
Add another $150 to $400 for the exhaust.
Add another (did I run out of ideas already?)

Like any other jeep project, you can do a little or go crazy and melt your VISA.

I think its time for me to join that jeepaholics anonymous 12 step support group................................
you can include gas into that list... since your foots probably going to be on the floor often
Old 04-17-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

The 4200-4300 they speak of will almost positivley be a complete kit..

Tuning program,intercooler,and all other components to install..

I came from a ZO6 before this and the full kits for the ZO6's cost obout 4500(complete kit)..

They should run near 3.5 to 5 psi,that's about it..But that would be enough to get over 75 extra HP to the rear wheels..(just a guess)

If the JK kit cost more than that...They won't sell very many..
Old 04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

One of the Hesco employees is using his JK as the test bunny. They are running an ATI blower (nice unit) with 5 PSI I think he wrote as the base kit which in my estimates should get you around 25%-35% gains. I am not sure how well the stock injectors, and trans will hold up to the forced induction. 5 psi is not much boost though to most drivetrains. Leave yourself enough coin to repair broken parts, your warranty will be almost void on the high dollar items unless you can prove the forced induction kit did not cause it. Maybe the manufactures will offer a warranty like Roush, and Whipple do.

My turbo truck, and Whipple charged truck I owned required injector swaps, along with custom tuning to safely benefit from the kits. I had additional money tied up into intercoolers, trans work, exhaust, and gauges to monitor the A/F and temps, which set you back big bucks. Both of those setups correctly configured ran over me over $15k for the Turbo, and $10k for the Whipple setup.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

wow, 15k for a turbo, i have 7k in my turbo for my 2005 gto
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
Hahah...our membership is growing with every post!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chance575
wow, 15k for a turbo, i have 7k in my turbo for my 2005 gto
Total in, yeah. Makes my a little sick, because it started out a simple $4500 STS Turbo kit. I did a lot of work. Turbo upgrade, 4L80E trans upgrade and build, head work, etc. $15k might be on the low side. Man I miss that truck. Now a lot of the components transfered to my next Silverado after putting most of the other truck back, which I only had $5000 in the Whipple unit itself.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Hahah...our membership is growing with every post!
Tell me about it, I have a "bad" according to the wife, habit of spending money on my vehicles. She has no idea how much I could spend on the Jeep. She thinks they make nothing for it since it is new
Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah lets hope the kit is not to high. I came from import world, drove a Hyundai Tiburon, and u could get a base SC kit that came with the SC, all belts/hoses/fittings needed for direct bolt and a fully custom built upper and lower Intake manifold and it put u somewhere around 210 whp (ran around 147 whp stock) with no other modifications and no tune or injectors needed and ran 3-4 psi. Or u could upgrade to the bada** kit that was a bigger blower, ice box IM, intercooler, pretuned mafterburner (fuel tuner with a "safe" tune to get u to the dyno) new injectors, and all other parts needed but u needed stuff like new motor mounts, intake, headers, exhaust and it ran around 8 psi and with all supporting mods put u over 300 whp for a little over $4k

Quick Reply: Avenger Supercharger