Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger Supercharger?

Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
The key word there is..."car." Turbos woudn't necessarily be suited to a Jeep application. With a supercharger, there is no "turbo lag." You have extra horsepower readily available, just off idle. A turbo would need a few thousand RPMs to build boost. Most of us don't want to be turning that many revs while rock crawling. If you're into mud bogging, that might be a different story.
A turbo setup can be matched to any vehicle to provide boost at any level of the RPM scale/power band. Depending on where you want the boost is controlled by a few factors such as turbo size, pitch of the impellers, size of the tubing, etc. In automatics, a custom TQ converter will also improve the results along with CAMS. I was making very noticeable and useful boost under 1800 RPMs with my Silverado. It comes down to RDT&E. If you have the know how, or know someone that does, a turbo will out perform almost anything when comparing apples to apples. Turbo lag is also a thing of the past. The technology and engineering have virtually eliminated lag in recent setups. Plus no parasitic loss

With that being said, I would love to see a twin screw style setup in action. They will create the low low boost everyone would want in a Jeep.

Last edited by JKJoe; 05-05-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

does any one install Avenger supercharge in his JK
Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Mini Cooper with a twin-screw turbo; boost comes on at 1600 rpm.

Here's something that Google brought me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aBhenL51I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUsq2tKLso&NR=1

Quick Reply: Avenger Supercharger?