Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Avenger, Hesco or Ripp???

Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It;d be awesome for someone to figure out a way to use the smaller of the Kenne Bell compressors. The lil 1.6L or 1.8L would be great, offer low end torque and power comparable to the roots, and prob be at or higher in the high end power compared to the centri blowers like vortech and procharger. Plus they run cool which would give lower iat and iat2 temps.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanc
This is going on your hemi?
Read how old this thread is......I hated my RIPP so much I bought a HEMI ...sold that ish a LONG time ago...this is a REVIVED thread
Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

ive been following your build thread. Hoped for a long shot you still had it!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ripp, why not a twin screw? There is alot of talk about the down falls of the roots blowers but it's been known for years that they are obselete. Twin screw will kick you in the pants in the bottom, middle and top end as well run comparable efficiency to your centrifigul. Kenne belle has some amazing units with breathers that allow the compressor to not create boost under light loads like cruising down the highway and the power is very easy to modulate. Whipple has a list of small to medium units as well if you felt the kenne bells were too big. With the twin screw our JK's would feel like they had a hemi, I don't understand why they've been overlooked.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
Read how old this thread is......I hated my RIPP so much I bought a HEMI ...sold that ish a LONG time ago...this is a REVIVED thread

Why did you hate the RIPP?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StevieRay
Why did you hate the RIPP?
Nocomp. had an older kit he/we could not get to run right for one reason or another - he sold it off to the next guy and from what we know its running fine and has been since (no hard feelings), we're happy he's happy and we hope he'd give us another try since we feel we have a solid package.

Since its inception in July of 08 we've sold 300+ kits with independent reviews throughout the forum... type "just installed my ripp supercharger" into the search feature up top on the left and look for threads pertaining to the topic - if your have any question don't hesitate to ask or start a thread with the question you have and we will do our best to address the question as ethically and thoroughly as possible -

Additionally you could try giving any one of our 50 dealers listed on our site a call and get their opinion on the system and an independent review.

http://www.rippmods.net/?q=node/19

Or give us a call and we'll do the same - at minimum. we're in Staten island, your welcome to come by and take it for a drive if you want -

RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 12-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS

Additionally you could try giving any one of our 50 dealers listed on our site a call and get their opinion on the system and an independent review.

http://www.rippmods.net/?q=node/19

Or give us a call and we'll do the same - at minimum. we're in Staten island, your welcome to come by and take it for a drive if you want -

RIPPTECH
Ok Ripp, you have dealers all over Canada but the closest to me is in Chicago? Could I encourage you to bang on some doors in St. Louis or even KC?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Fathom
Ok Ripp, you have dealers all over Canada but the closest to me is in Chicago? Could I encourage you to bang on some doors in St. Louis or even KC?
Yes you can - we have a happy dealer in MO who has installed a JK kit and was happy we refered them to you - Give Katie a call, she'll be happy to oblige.

Hellbent Performance Offroad
Chesterfield, MO

RIPPTECH

Last edited by JackMac4; 12-17-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Yes you can - we have a happy dealer in MO who has installed a JK kit and was happy we refered them to you - Give Katie a call, she'll be happy to oblige.

Hellbent Performance Offroad
Chesterfield, MO

RIPPTECH
I don't need them happy just proficient thank you very much! I will call them! I had talked to your sales staff before, even got your install instructions (got a little hung up on the sawzall part ). I dumped the idea of installing the SC because there was NO one to help in a failure. St. Louis is about 1.5 to 2 hours away and that is plenty close enough.

One more question and this to me seems to be a minor mod. Have you ever considered a seperate container for the methanol? I worry about using the windshield fluid so much I end up without the intake coolant.

Last edited by Fathom; 12-17-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Fathom
I don't need them happy just proficient thank you very much! I will call them! I had talked to your sales staff before, even got your install instructions (got a little hung up on the sawzall part ). I dumped the idea of installing the SC because there was NO one to help in a failure. St. Louis is about 1.5 to 2 hours away and that is plenty close enough.

One more question and this to me seems to be a minor mod. Have you ever considered a seperate container for the methanol? I worry about using the windshield fluid so much I end up without the intake coolant.
Happily proficient - All of our dealers have installed at least one system over the past year - have maintained it and can tech an issue if it should arise.

Sure - you can keep a separate container for the fluid - but you really don't have to. 1.5 gallons will last well into the 3500 mile range, and Preston De-Icer is ready available at most parts stores. Besides it only squirts when your in boost, which is only part of the time, and even then only when your above 2-3psi. When its squirting its only a light mist so we're talking droplets at a time.

Secondly, the chemical intercooler is there as an add-on, its not quintessential to the safe running of your system. In fact up until not to long ago it was an option. But not many people bought the system without it after a conversation with us so it was factored in.

If you should run out - (unlikely based on the investment your making), simply run the low octane mapping by switching the provided switch down and run high-test fuel. This will pull back timing and correct the fuel curve for no Meth situation.

Easy as pie -

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: Avenger, Hesco or Ripp???