Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Auxillary lights questions

Old 07-31-2010, 10:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxillary lights questions

So what kind of lights are you allowed to run with your headlights? in general I know added lighting has to be located below factory headlamps to use on road. and you can run fogs with headlamps as long as they don't run with highbeam
Are you allowed to run any "driving lights" with your headlamps.
Or would it say offroad use only.

I really want to add lamps on the windshield but don't know what kind for long range off/road at night driving.
Never bought auxillary lighting before I heard Hella500 were good for windshield but will those give me the long range I'm looking for?

So far I want to put two on the windshield for offroad and two on the bottom for additional lighting for reg driving and my new bumper with fog inserts should take care of fog. Do you really need more than two fog lights I'm talking about the big sized fog lights?

I have a friend who is a fabricator and I want to help him out by having him build me a lightbar but don't know what types of lights you would put on the lightbar would they most likely be long range lights? I'm thinking about putting 2 facing forward and the two on the ends facing 45 degrees from the front to see a lot wider.
What are rally lights?
I really want to explore this riverbed but it would take at least 10 hours I hear to go there and back so I want the extra lighting for visibility.

I'm also thinking of putting the dual battery pack would I have to buy two completely new batteries at the same time?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Auxillary lights questions