Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Automatic transmission cooler help

Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic transmission cooler help

Good morning I have a remote small trans cooler located behind Jeep just forward of rear axel with a puller fan. No room up front RIPP supercharger cooler. Have 5:38 gears and automatic transmission after awhile on the road trans temp get 200 + on steep hill going up to almost 250 had to shut her down. Was thinking of installing Derale oil cooler 15870, and putting new filter and synthetic in her. However I thought I would ask for opinions from others that been down this road. Thanks for the help and I look forward to hearing what is said about the subject.

Last edited by Shelby73; 07-11-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a B&M cooler behind my RIPP and in between the radiator.
Here is San Diego leaving the city going east it is a climb from sea level to 4000ft in about 40 miles, it a 3rd gear pull most of the way and my trans temps get to 200*. My normal temps are in the 140-150 range.
If you do mount it under the body add an electric fan to it, that should help a lot.

Quick Reply: Automatic transmission cooler help