Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Auto Trans Pan - Skid Protection Question HELP!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Trans Pan - Skid Protection Question HELP!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	136154Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	136155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	136156

Just had my Full-Traction 3" Long Ram Suspension installed and Jeep looks awesome!

I was using the River Raider Oil Pan/Transmission Skid system (see old pictures). The FT kit replaces the factory cross brace with one of their own. The RR Trans Skid is designed to attached to the factory brace and now will not work as it was designed.
Now my pan is completely exposed...
Before I try and locate a fabricator in the Richmond VA area that can modify this RR skid to work with the FT brace, I like to ask the experts if they have a better solution.
Is anyone aware of an automatic transmission pan skid that would solve this issue?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
Attachment 136154Attachment 136155Attachment 136156

Just had my Full-Traction 3" Long Ram Suspension installed and Jeep looks awesome!

I was using the River Raider Oil Pan/Transmission Skid system (see old pictures). The FT kit replaces the factory cross brace with one of their own. The RR Trans Skid is designed to attached to the factory brace and now will not work as it was designed.
Now my pan is completely exposed...
Before I try and locate a fabricator in the Richmond VA area that can modify this RR skid to work with the FT brace, I like to ask the experts if they have a better solution.
Is anyone aware of an automatic transmission pan skid that would solve this issue?
I can't really visualize your current set up but I just installed a Rock Krawler Transmission Pan that is beefed up. I bashed the OEM pan on something and this seemed like a better idea for me instead of sheathing everything underneath with steel. Just an idea.

Last edited by Jollydodger; 03-11-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default RK Trans pan

X2....
Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jollydodger
I can really visualize your current set up but I just installed a Rock Krawler Transmission Pan that is beefed up. I bashed the OEM pan on something and this seemed like a better idea for me instead of sheathing everything underneath with steel. Just an idea.
Thanks guys. I don't know how I missed this product over my years of surfing Jeep sites and magazines.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I don't know how I missed this product over my years of surfing Jeep sites and magazines.
I don't think it is that well known about, they have said that it was never really designed to be offered to the public.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think it is that well known about, they have said that it was never really designed to be offered to the public.
Wonder why? It seems like there would be a market for this, however small it might be. Makers of long arm suspension systems should consider adding this, or a skid pan of their own design as an option, when they know the factory skid must be removed.
They have to know buyers of LA's aren't spending the extra cash so they look "cool" going to the mall. We actually use our skids!!!!!!!!!!

Days after writing a huge check for my 3" suspension, I informed the wife I need to spend even more.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wonder why? It seems like there would be a market for this, however small it might be. Makers of long arm suspension systems should consider adding this, or a skid pan of their own design as an option, when they know the factory skid must be removed.
They have to know buyers of LA's aren't spending the extra cash so they look "cool" going to the mall. We actually use our skids!!!!!!!!!!

Days after writing a huge check for my 3" suspension, I informed the wife I need to spend even more.
According to Rock Krawler a lot of people who saw the prototype wanted them so much they had to go into production mode, and have been keeping up with demand since. On one of the threads here there is a discount price of $165 ish instead of list $220 ish.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lightbulb

According to Rock Krawler a lot of people who saw the prototype wanted them so much they had to go into production mode, and have been keeping up with demand since. On one of the threads here there is a discount price of $165 ish instead of list $220 ish.
Rock Krawler website shows suggested list of $349 !!!!!!!!!! That's a little steep.

$165 - $220 is more reasonable. I'll look for a deal somewhere.

Quick Reply: Auto Trans Pan - Skid Protection Question HELP!