Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Auto tranny shifting...hate it!

Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Auto tranny shifting...hate it!

Hi All,
I got a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I love the vehicle. I have the auto transmission and I hate the way it shifts, no matter how I drive. Anyone else feel the same way? Any good products to change the shift points, that anyone is using? Should of got a stick but rest of the Family can’t dive a stick. I know, I know….LOL
Thanks in advance!
Sparky
Old 08-01-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shifts more because its a 5 speed transmission. Which means it shifts alot. If you live in environments with a lot of hills it will downshift a lot more. If you have 3.21 gears it downshifts too much. Reargear if you have 3.21s if you dislike it. Not sure a programmer will be a correction you are looking for unless it is to correlate with regearing or account for larger tires.

Quick Reply: Auto tranny shifting...hate it!