Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Auto to standard conversion.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to standard conversion.

I am not sure how feasible this is or if I will even try, but when I was Looking for a jeep I was looking for a TJ Sahara with a 5 speed in it. But then stumbled upon my Jk that was way too cheap to pass up but it's auto, now I have a friend that has a car lot and just bought an 08 6 speed jeep with 4.10's in it. I am not sure how serious he was but he told me Friday I could swap all of it if I wanted to. Has anyone done this swap on a Jk? I know it's pretty common on Yj's but never heard of it on a JK.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I am not sure how feasible this is or if I will even try, but when I was Looking for a jeep I was looking for a TJ Sahara with a 5 speed in it. But then stumbled upon my Jk that was way too cheap to pass up but it's auto, now I have a friend that has a car lot and just bought an 08 6 speed jeep with 4.10's in it. I am not sure how serious he was but he told me Friday I could swap all of it if I wanted to. Has anyone done this swap on a Jk? I know it's pretty common on Yj's but never heard of it on a JK.
That just sounds like way more trouble than it's worth.

The axels would be pretty straight forward, but I wouldn't even think of trying the auto to standard conversion.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Axles are easy, trans swap it's self is easy what I don't know about is the rest of it lol
Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Bump I really want to see what people have to say about this.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

I want to do this eventually...subbed and a bump for you.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a thread on here somewhere. Wished the search function would work. I have seen two people do it on here a few years ago, they gathered the parts. Seems like you have everything you need in one place, lucky. Hopefully they chime in.

Bump to the top.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few people have done it.. if you do it yourself sounds like it is not to bad cost wise... but if you have to pay someone labor.. from what i read it was close to 4 k or more . but if you have the parts and can do it .. not bad... their are a few threads on the topic. good luck .
Old 08-25-2014, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nope

not worth the hassle, sell yours and buy the one you want.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont see why you would want to do that because a auto is better in the woods. Now im going to say the E word for the haters. Eddie in moby when he did his motor swap he put a auto in instead of staying with a standard. He said as much as he loves the standard he would much rather have the auto in the nasty places.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
I dont see why you would want to do that because a auto is better in the woods.
I just enjoy driving standard more than I do auto when it comes to a jeep, I may decide to just leave this alone though.

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
not worth the hassle, sell yours and buy the one you want.
I bought mine for so cheap that would be a stupid thing to do, this thing was cheaper than what a decent older TJ will sell for. and im talking a stock TJ no mods .

Quick Reply: Auto to standard conversion.