Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aussie lockers?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas

Here is a link that will help you out. Basically a lunchbox locker replaces your spider gears in the carrier and is an auto locker that engages when the differential in wheel speed is felt and it will engage. Great off-road but sucks on the road when trying to tight into a parking spot.

Lunchbox Lockers - What is a Lunchbox locker?

R/
Will
Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 03:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

People run them and like them. Probably the best bang for your buck upgrade you can do for your Jeep. If you install one in the front its basically invisible until you engage 4wd.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
They're badass for drifting around bends, they work great on the trails, they're cheap. Cons: sucks complete dick turning in parking lots and pulling into places- with an automatic it might not be so bad but having a manual it creates major slack in the driveline and slaps like a pissed off stripper. I'm running them f/r and daily drive a total of 3 hours a day. They're just fine in the snow and rain unless you're an idiot. If you can put up with a little bullshit I say get one.
The newer JK's can't use these in the rear with automatics because it confuses the hell out of the computer. The newer automatics are pretty much relegated to LSD's or selectable lockers for the rear axle. There are some threads around here on this with some input from Dynatrac and others.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
They're badass for drifting around bends, they work great on the trails, they're cheap. Cons: sucks complete dick turning in parking lots and pulling into places- with an automatic it might not be so bad but having a manual it creates major slack in the driveline and slaps like a pissed off stripper. I'm running them f/r and daily drive a total of 3 hours a day. They're just fine in the snow and rain unless you're an idiot. If you can put up with a little bullshit I say get one.
Damnit, everytime I read one of your posts I laugh loud enough to make everyone in the office come by and ask to see what funny picture I saw....

Quick Reply: aussie lockers?