Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aussie Lockers

Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie Lockers

Aussie Locker XD-14430 Dana 44 30 Spline - Made in USA - Lockers - Aussie Lockers - Welcome to Torq Masters Home of the Aussie Locker

anyone heard of them before?? any opinions compared to ARB and family??

cya out there
Old 02-09-2013, 02:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great product but these are automatic lockers not selectable like the ARB.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran an Aussie in the rear of my old Explorer. Was great off road. Had some quirky on road characteristics. If you accelerate around corners it locks and your tires chirp and scrub. It was also sketchy in the snow but with you being in Dubai that won't be an issue. Also, it has a tendency to 'unload' once in awhile. Sounds like your diff is exploding. I never did get used to that but it's harmless.

For the money it's a great locker. But I won't get another for my JK. It will be selectable or TruTrac for my Jeep.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Great product but these are automatic lockers not selectable like the ARB.
X2. Great locker. Ran them in old Jeep with no issues but they are full time locker not selectable on/off like ARB. As a result, you'll notice it just a little bit in tight turns if you put the locker in the rear. You may hear some clicking or a pop. Not as bad popping as a Detroit. Also, if you put it in the rear, you may want to take your foot off the gas around turns so that it can ratchet. Otherwise, it will stay locked and chirp the tires. If you put it in the front and run 2wd, you won't notice anything except some clicking in really tight turns. In addition, if you put it in the front, you will not be able to run 4HI on the street.

Overall, great lockers offroad. Cheaper than ARB or Detroit, easy to install yourself. Just remember it will drive a little different on the road if in the rear.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

I ran one in the rear of my 97 TJ. Did a great job off road, but on the road it took some getting used to. Mine was a manual tranny, so The clutch HAD to be in around corners, otherwise it would lock up and lurch uncontrollably. In hind sight i would prefer to put one in the front.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Junkie

I'm putting an Aussie type in my front axle when I get it completed. I think they're great for the money. Install is easier then 90% of the other mods i've done. Put one in my buddy's Jeep last year.

Quick Reply: Aussie Lockers