Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Atx slabs

Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sahara4me
Are these rims the same offset and width as the old ones? You can get a shimmy that will eventually go away caused by the tires now having a different wear pattern due to differences in wheel offset and width if they are different. A lot of people don't balance these because they are beadlocks, but should be attempted to balance for road use.

Both wheels 17x9 but the offset changed from 4.75 to 3.5. Going to take them back to the shop to have them double checked first chance i get.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason I didn't ever need to balance mine is because they were Nittos and nothing to do with the slabs. If I would have out on MTRs or BFGs they would have needed balancing. The slabs are an awesome wheel.

Quick Reply: Atx slabs