Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Atturo Trail Blade M/T

Old 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atturo Trail Blade M/T

Anyone using this tire in a 35"? How do they handle rain, snow, and ice?

Was going to go with Duratracs, but they're back ordered to December and too expensive locally.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Well I can let you know first impression next week lol my 33x12.50's will be here tomorrow. They looked like a good tire to me so I pulled the trigger. Well that and I got 5 for less than $900..
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The tread design is very similar to the old Goodyear MT/R which sucked in snow and ice. They lack adequate siping for winter driving. If you are looking for a snow/ice tire I'd approach these with very low expectations.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
The tread design is very similar to the old Goodyear MT/R which sucked in snow and ice. They lack adequate siping for winter driving. If you are looking for a snow/ice tire I'd approach these with very low expectations.
I had a similar opinion. The tire shop I'm going to can have them siped for me which should help a little bit, though I do not expect them to get as grippy as the Duratracs, which are considerably softer. On the plus side, these should last a little longer... should.

I guess we'll see what happens. I'm not finding many other options locally. Nitto's G2's were the other option, but I'm not convinced they're aggressive enough.

Thanks for the insight.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flex_Junkie
Well I can let you know first impression next week lol my 33x12.50's will be here tomorrow. They looked like a good tire to me so I pulled the trigger. Well that and I got 5 for less than $900..
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

I've been running Atturo 35*12.50*17's for about 8000 miles and so far, so good. I can't speak to snow or ice handling since I've only had them since May, but I have taken them trail riding and they did great. Went through a little mud, rocks and rough trails. They rode great and didn't have any chunking due to the rocks. They also ride great on the road. They are a little loud, but hey, they are mud grips. The reason I opted for them was the selling price. Bought all 5 for about $1400 mounted and balanced.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McHogfan
I've been running Atturo 35*12.50*17's for about 8000 miles and so far, so good. I can't speak to snow or ice handling since I've only had them since May, but I have taken them trail riding and they did great. Went through a little mud, rocks and rough trails. They rode great and didn't have any chunking due to the rocks. They also ride great on the road. They are a little loud, but hey, they are mud grips. The reason I opted for them was the selling price. Bought all 5 for about $1400 mounted and balanced.
perfect. I'll be paying a little more, but that's the cost of small local business and getting them siped. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, I just noticed there's a wheel & tire forum. My bad.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Imitating the original tire design is easy, imitating a rubber compound is a little tougher. I wouldn't expect to see the life out of these that you would with a tire that has some research behind it. A guy in our local club had the fuel tires, same deal, and he said they didn't last nearly as long as you'd hope.

Best of luck with your choice.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My brother-in-law's shop just started carrying them. His partner recently installed a set on his Silverado and is happy with them. I almost bought I set last week. What made me choose the Nitto Trail Grappler is simply because it was a proven tire. I researched the Trail Blades and honestly only found good reviews. But they are a new tire and I couldn't find any reviews from people that had run them for 30k, 40k or 50k miles.

Quick Reply: Atturo Trail Blade M/T