Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Atlas II ordered!!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I should add that Motech (place doing tons of LS swaps) uses the case out of the JK Sports. You can run an LS with 400hp and 37s and all will be well.
Ok, thanks, I feel better about not replacing the transfer case...
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also many who do the ls or hemi swap drop down from 4:1 to 2.7 :1 so if you can find a shop that does swaps they would likely be interested in trading transfer cases
Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Also many who do the ls or hemi swap drop down from 4:1 to 2.7 :1 so if you can find a shop that does swaps they would likely be interested in trading transfer cases
That's where I got mine! $500 plus my case. Then 6 hours in my driveway and done. 4 hours if I had a friend helping...
Old 02-01-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

I swapped my 2.72 for a Rubi case with Motech a couple of months ago. I had several conversations with Robbi before doing this and he said he has never had a problem with either stock transfer case, standard or the Rubi, they were pretty much bulletproof. I swapped for a year older but same mileage, spent $230 to have a local shop swap it. Cheap way to increase crawl ratio offroad and maintain gas mileage on the highway, running 35's, with 3.73 on 2012 JKU.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
I know of only two people that put an Atlas transfer case in a JK. They both had serious problems getting the electronics to work right. It was something about the JK computer not recognizing the new gear ratio, and either shutting things down, or going into limp mode. I think they both got it sorted out, but it was a major pain in the ass. So let us know how that goes, ok.
Hi there. I have just installed an Atlas II transfer case. I am having a rough time getting my '13 JK auto to run in low range. I have been on the phone with Bully Dog and have their latest update. They actually made a change in the update today just for me but it still didn't work. I don't know if this is a tuner issue or Atlas issue. I see here that you know some guys that worked thru it. Would it be possible to get one of them to give me a call. Maybe they could help me. My name is Dan. 361-649-3223. Crm@tisd.net

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a dumb question!?! Why would atlas not build this to where it also reduced the normal driving ratio? 1.1 or 1.2? That way we don't have to regear?
Old 11-06-2016, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know how to get one at cost... lol...
Old 11-07-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mizippi
I have a dumb question!?! Why would atlas not build this to where it also reduced the normal driving ratio? 1.1 or 1.2? That way we don't have to regear?
It doesn't work like that. The transfer case's job is to deliver power to the front wheels when 4x4 is selected. You're thinking of the transmission itself.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Does anyone have some photos of an Atlas II installed in a JK?

Quick Reply: Atlas II ordered!!