Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Atlas 2 vs Re-gear

Old 07-17-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
Speed is measured from the sensors at the axle ends not the TC. you can change gears and it does'nt make any differance. the only thing that affects it is tire size.
False, regearing will absolutely throw your speedo off. Mine was off until I used procal to adjust for my gears
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam36
False, regearing will absolutely throw your speedo off. Mine was off until I used procal to adjust for my gears
No it won't. I have a Hypertech and can set the gears at whatever I want and as long as the tire size are programed the speed is correct. Get your facts right. The gears don't affect the speedometer reading. Those sensers are reading the distance your tires are traveling not how fast your driveshafts are spinning regardless of differential gears or how your TC is geared. Did you change tire size at the same time as gears?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK

No it won't. I have a Hypertech and can set the gears at whatever I want and as long as the tire size are programed the speed is correct. Get your facts right. The gears don't affect the speedometer reading. Those sensers are reading the distance your tires are traveling not how fast your driveshafts are spinning regardless of differential gears or how your TC is geared. Did you change tire size at the same time as gears?
Nope did tires before the gears and it was calibrated for 34 and 3/4 inch tires and 3.21 gears an my speedo was off. I then re calibrated for 4.56 and it made it correct again...why would you be able to program the gear ratio if it did nothing?

Last edited by Cam36; 07-17-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Atlas 2 vs Re-gear