Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Askew jeep

Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Askew jeep

I mount 2,5" TeraFlex lift with OME shocks. I am surprising that rear right side of jeep is almost 1" lower than others. Something wrong with one coil? Strange think, becouse before lifting jeep was askew also - but not so much (maybe 1/4").
So... is askew suspension something normal or not??? (my honda crv is also lower about 1,4" on rear right side)
Please tell me: should I complaining (coil or shock ) or is that quality standard??? Why 3 coils and shocks are the same, and one is other?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

It's a jeep thing. Almost all JKs lean on the right. It is due to the fuel tank. Have someone get in on the driver's side or check when you are low on fuel. I can also recheck your springs to make sure they are seated correctly, but I bet it is just the jeep lean.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
It's a jeep thing. Almost all JKs lean on the right. It is due to the fuel tank. Have someone get in on the driver's side or check when you are low on fuel. I can also recheck your springs to make sure they are seated correctly, but I bet it is just the jeep lean.
I`m low on fuel (1/4 fuel tank)...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob4607
if i understand you correctly you installed the teraflex 2.5 coil lift and now the right is lower?.
3 wheels get 2,5" more space between tire and fender, 1 get only 1,5" more. I measured this in a few different methods...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was i the only one clicking here hoping to find a Silent Bob jeep?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this: Rotate both rear coils so they are pointed/turned the same direction. Use the end of the coil as a reference point. Because the coils are pig tail style and do not sit flat. JK's/TJ's tend to have a little right lean to them.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

I've seen this talked about plenty on here...

BUT could the stock track bar being reconnected be exagerating the "jeep lean"? If so, a track bar relo bracket or adjustable track bar would alleviate some of this.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Clint
I've seen this talked about plenty on here...

BUT could the stock track bar being reconnected be exagerating the "jeep lean"? If so, a track bar relo bracket or adjustable track bar would alleviate some of this.
You nailed it on the head there buddy. I was about 1/4" low on right before the lift. After the lift, about 7/8". Once I put the adjustable track bar on, back down to 1/4". Full tank will double the list to about 1/2".

Without an adjustable track bar, you are actually pulling the frame side (right) down toward the axle . It also adds stress to the track bar bracket that is already weak. Get a weld in bracket brace and an adjustable track bar, and toss the relo bracket. You'll ride more level (though never perfect) and be safer at the same time.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have about 1/4" difference with over 3/4 tank of gas. I think Joe may something with the way the spring is turned.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are measuring the space between your fenders I would instead measure to the frame rails. The fenders are not a good refrence point for measuring lifts since they tend to never be in the same position ever on a vehicle. One side may show an inch or two more at the fender, and be level according to the frame which is a more accurate way to measure.

Quick Reply: Askew jeep