Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Arggghhh!! 35"s out of stock!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aznJEEPgirl
Same thing happened to us. Put the TF 2.5" coil lift on 2 weeks ago, ProComps were backordered 3 weeks, then 4, then eta Jan. 5, so we went with different 35's. Got them on 2 hours ago
Congrats...Any pics? Thanks....
Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
Same thing happened to us. Put the TF 2.5" coil lift on 2 weeks ago, ProComps were backordered 3 weeks, then 4, then eta Jan. 5, so we went with different 35's. Got them on 2 hours ago
Congrats...Any pics? Thanks....
It was too dark tonight to get good pics, so I'll be posting some tomorrow
Old 11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

It was too dark tonight to get good pics, so I'll be posting some tomorrow
Yep,,, same here.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Wrangler MT/R Kevlar. Awesome tire!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given where you live, Toyos MT's.

They're not going to do quite as well as an AT in the winter, but they will far outperform any AT ever made in the mud you'll see during the summer.

Also, they're load range E. Your ride will be a little rougher, but you'll probably get about 1/3 the flats that you would on a load range C tire.

Edit: One other thing - if you're going to run an MT through the winter, consider getting it siped. I did that to my stock BFG MT's and it made a big difference. $30 a tire at Kal Tire for me...but you may or may not be able to find a tire shop in Prince George that will do it for you.

Last edited by w squared; 11-13-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Bummer news, Northern Wrangler. I know you were looking forward to the big switch. In all honesty though, lots of guys run lifted with stock wheels in the winter up here. You know that, we're in the same town. I would order the Duratracs and wait. You won't be sorry. I love the Duratracs and the Load class E isn't a big deal. I think it's hilarious that people get lifted, re-geared and go to 35's and still worry about an extra few plies on each tire. By the time you've done all that you have already changed your jeep's handling more than the E rated tire will. Not sure how the 35's will be in an E rated. Mine are 32's and no big deal over the stock duelers. A bit rougher but way better offroad. I went up an icy 50 percent grade and then sidehill last night with no slipping at all.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Bummer news, Northern Wrangler. I know you were looking forward to the big switch. In all honesty though, lots of guys run lifted with stock wheels in the winter up here. You know that, we're in the same town. I would order the Duratracs and wait. You won't be sorry. I love the Duratracs and the Load class E isn't a big deal. I think it's hilarious that people get lifted, re-geared and go to 35's and still worry about an extra few plies on each tire. By the time you've done all that you have already changed your jeep's handling more than the E rated tire will. Not sure how the 35's will be in an E rated. Mine are 32's and no big deal over the stock duelers. A bit rougher but way better offroad. I went up an icy 50 percent grade and then sidehill last night with no slipping at all.
HEY MAN! hows the Sahara treating you?!
Ya, I was bummed. Looked around and found four 35"s in fort St. John but I was looking at crap shipping charges to get em here. I decided to go with the 33's. I've looked at soooo many pics of 33's and 35's installed on JKs with the 2.5 TF coil lift, and honestly 33's still look good.

I had recently come to the conclusion that I have a low garage door and once I get a rack I will be hard pressed to get through the door. So although I settled for the 33's I feel I made good decision. I really wanted the Duratracs and from what I've read once I get my bumpers and winch she will settle down a bit.

Glad to hear your happy with the new rubber! How do you find them on the roads lately with all the frosty roads we've been gettin?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

The Duratracs have been great in the ice and frost. So far no need even to go into 4x4 on the road. Much better on ice and snow than the BFG AT KOs that I have on my old Suburban.

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
HEY MAN! hows the Sahara treating you?!
Ya, I was bummed. Looked around and found four 35"s in fort St. John but I was looking at crap shipping charges to get em here. I decided to go with the 33's. I've looked at soooo many pics of 33's and 35's installed on JKs with the 2.5 TF coil lift, and honestly 33's still look good.

I had recently come to the conclusion that I have a low garage door and once I get a rack I will be hard pressed to get through the door. So although I settled for the 33's I feel I made good decision. I really wanted the Duratracs and from what I've read once I get my bumpers and winch she will settle down a bit.

Glad to hear your happy with the new rubber! How do you find them on the roads lately with all the frosty roads we've been gettin?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

go with wrangler MTR. love that tire. but if you need a cheaper tire kumho's and hankook dynapro MT's are both solid mud tires.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I am pretty sure he needs something better on ice and snow than a mud tire. The last time I checked nobody up here sipes tires, but Kal Tires web site says that they do at certain locations.

Quick Reply: Arggghhh!! 35"s out of stock!