Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB vs AEV bumper. Which one?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hx15537
I was in the same spot. I couldn't decide if the AEV was worth the extra cash, but like it more than the ARB. Last week I found a guy off of Craig's List that was selling his ARB for $400, so I pulled the trigger on the ARB.

I installed it this last weekend with the help of some local guys. So far I really like it. The ARB is very solid, and still looks good with the Jeep. It has 2 light brackets on the bummer under the bullbar, and 2 on the bar itself. I'm not sure if I like the 2 on top, because I doubt I will ever use them.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures. I can't go wrong with either one, I just wish I could find a deal like yours.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

$400 for an ARB???!?!?!

I'd do that deal all day long. They seem to be quite rare.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

this is one of the most common discussions I have seen on a jeep forum - maybe because i had the same problem myself and so searched for weeks I've attached pics because it'll help.

I finally pulled the trigger on the AEV - it was more expensive (ouch) but I'd seen it on some rigs locally and liked the look better than the ARB. It was kinda a pain to install but the instructions were great - get some local jeepers to help you out because its HEAVY. the passenger side tow bracket wasn't welded together correctly, it was just a little off so it wouldnt have fit right (I would have had to drill extra holes to mount then the bumper itself would have been a little off) - I called them and after 5 min of trying to explain (was my fault not theirs) they agreed it was an issue and sent me a new part. All in all, I love the bumper and would make the same purchase over again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 jeep new hotness 015..jpg
Views:	978
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	91140   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 jeep new hotness 013..jpg
Views:	894
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	91141   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 jeep new hotness 014..jpg
Views:	940
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	91142  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went back and forth about this for a while. I ended up getting the AEV. I simply liked the look better and decided I only live once. I did have to put washers under the AUX light mounts to clear the EPI 9.0s that I put on it. I'll probably remake those brackets when I get bored this fall. Other then that I love it.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

AEV made in USA

ARB made in ? BUT NOT AUSTRALIA! Comes in off the port of LA. I think made in China but may be India

BUY AMERICAN
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stepsride
AEV made in USA

ARB made in ? BUT NOT AUSTRALIA! Comes in off the port of LA. I think made in China but may be India

BUY AMERICAN
According to their website, it's an Australian company
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

i like the AEV better but i love more the Rugged Ridge one since i can always change the set up but that just me good luck with what you get

Last edited by jay-nyc; 12-02-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

x2 ... Because it was specifically designed for the jeep jk front end to line perfectly with the front fenders.

Originally Posted by Jkwheelin
AEV has a very good product so has ARB, but the ARB looks very Australian (bullbar) & suits a Landcruiser. In my opinion the AEV looks better on a Jeep
Old 09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Jde
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by b5rider
pictures?Thanks
If you check "My Albums" I have some pics there.
Not alot but maybe you can see what your looking for there.
Hopefully I'll be able to put some more pics up in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an ARB on my 94XJ, and it is one very nice bumper. Very strong, and I'm very happy with it. After 12 years on my XJ, it still looks good with little if any rust. With that said, I went with the AEV for the 07JK unlimited. Reason was back when I got the bumper ARBs' was not yet on the market, and didn't look like it would be ready for another year or so. As for the AEV, I'm okay with it but would rather have the ARB. Don't get me wrong, the AEV is a very nice bumper, well made and runs the lines of the JK nicely. I just like the ARB a bit better.

Quick Reply: ARB vs AEV bumper. Which one?