Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB vs AEV bumper. Which one?

Old 09-25-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are heavy too.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Junkie

I've seen this argument over and over again... I've looked at both of these bumpers up close and they are both made really well. But in my own opinion the one that looks better on the JK is the AEV. It just works better with the lines of the vehicle, like it was designed for it not like the ARB where it's like an afterthought that could've been done better.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
I've seen this argument over and over again... I've looked at both of these bumpers up close and they are both made really well. But in my own opinion the one that looks better on the JK is the AEV. It just works better with the lines of the vehicle, like it was designed for it not like the ARB where it's like an afterthought that could've been done better.

Couldnt agree more, the AEV just looks perfect. HOWEVER i'm pulling the trigger on the ARB, mainly because I can get it shipped to my door for around $900 from northridge, whereas the aev is four to five hundred more! That cuts into my rear bumper budget!

The ARB still looks sexy as hell I think....
Old 09-25-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
man your wife must really love jeepin if she wants a bumper for her anniversary present. Thats awesome, cause none of the chicks I know would want to get that.
I wish! The bumper is MY gift, I need to get her an anniversary band.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b5rider
I wish! The bumper is MY gift, I need to get her an anniversary band.
I knew it was... I was j/k around. She must be cool as hell though. cause that is a nice gift.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Jde
JK Newbie

AEV on the JK looks great, the lines fit just right. I went for the AEV front and back. Very happy with them.

The pics of the ARB bumper on the JK didn't really do it for me.
I did have the ARB front bumper on a YJ and it is a good bumper.
Either way there both quality bumpers.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jde
AEV on the JK looks great, the lines fit just right. I went for the AEV front and back. Very happy with them.

The pics of the ARB bumper on the JK didn't really do it for me.
I did have the ARB front bumper on a YJ and it is a good bumper.
Either way there both quality bumpers.
pictures?Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love my ARB bumper, had it on for over a year and still looks like i just installed it yesterday. The instructions suck, but was still very easy to install, dont even bother wasting ur time installing the crush cans as their useless anyway. I think the ARB fits the lines of the wrangler very well but isnt as sleek as AEV's design. ARB makes some top notch products and so does AEV, so you can't go wrong with either bumper.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Go with the AEV I had the opportunity to check both bumpers out that were out of the box before making my decision. The AEV is considerably lighter and I think it looks better with the stock fender flares. However if you plan on after market flares or are going to mod them I wouldn't go with either bumper. I would go with a stubby.
I also love the recovery points on the AEV bumper. The mounting bracket is 1/2 inch steel and has the holes for the shackles.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the same spot. I couldn't decide if the AEV was worth the extra cash, but like it more than the ARB. Last week I found a guy off of Craig's List that was selling his ARB for $400, so I pulled the trigger on the ARB.

I installed it this last weekend with the help of some local guys. So far I really like it. The ARB is very solid, and still looks good with the Jeep. It has 2 light brackets on the bummer under the bullbar, and 2 on the bar itself. I'm not sure if I like the 2 on top, because I doubt I will ever use them.

Quick Reply: ARB vs AEV bumper. Which one?