Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Solenoid Wiring to SPOD

Old 12-23-2015, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB Solenoid Wiring to SPOD

I have the ARB Twin and am using the SPOD Wiring Harness for the ARB. I have the Yellow and Green wires connected per the diagram.

How do you connect the ARB Solenoid to the SPOD? Is there a wiring harness or anything special that needs to be done?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ARB Solenoid.JPG
Views:	1118
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	632768
Old 12-23-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This video tells you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvk47vnRkA0
Old 12-23-2015, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

nothing special needs to be done, as long as one of the wires goes to ground, and the other wire has 12v sitting at it, the solenoid will open.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

You don't need the sPod wiring harness unless you have ARB lockers. It's pretty easy and the instructions from sPod explains all you need to know

The 2 switch wires (black I believe) go to the SPod and the power wires (much larger diameter cable) go to battery. Do NOT run the power wires to the sPod. SPod only controls the ON/OFF switch cables. They might be purple now that I'm thinking about it. It's been a while so I can't filling remember the colors of cables.

Last edited by spicoli; 12-23-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spicoli
You don't need the sPod wiring harness unless you have ARB lockers. It's pretty easy and the instructions from sPod explains all you need to know

The 2 switch wires (black I believe) go to the SPod and the power wires (much larger diameter cable) go to battery. Do NOT run the power wires to the sPod. SPod only controls the ON/OFF switch cables. They might be purple now that I'm thinking about it. It's been a while so I can't filling remember the colors of cables.

He has the ARB Wiring harness already shown in that video I posted. So all he needs to do is connect the harness that came with the ARB compressor to the solenoids, they already have the wires attached to the plastic connectors. Plug and Play

Hopefully this helps OP a little better along with the video.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-24-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Many thanks, that was helpful! I located the harness to the solenoid and got everything wired up and working.

I am running the Viair Tank using the Synergy mount between the engine and frame, with the ARB Twin Mounted under the passenger seat... So the wiring harness for the solenoid was about a foot from the compressor. I had to cut the harness off splice in wire and run the wire to solenoids.
I originally set the compressor and tank up 2 years ago, so it was difficult to remember details on the harness.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

No problem. I was looking at that kit for the tank in that spot for a little bit, But not sure if I will go with it.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

The Synergy tank mount is a pretty good system for the price. I also like the River Raider Offroad Evap / 2.5 Air Tank mount / skid.

Quick Reply: ARB Solenoid Wiring to SPOD