Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Safari Snorkel Out Now

Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How was cutting your stock hood? Did the hood loose any strength by cutting it??
Old 06-11-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
How was cutting your stock hood? Did the hood loose any strength by cutting it??
No issues at all. Will post pics so you can see.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trucco
No issues at all. Will post pics so you can see.
Cool. Interested to see some consumer pics.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

For you guys that have a snorkle, is there anything on the inside of the snorkle tube or is it just hollow? I ask this because I wonder how hard it would be to make your own. I have never had a snorkle so it may be very difficult. But to me it just looks like tubing you can get at a hardware store. What do you guys think?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sspronin
For you guys that have a snorkle, is there anything on the inside of the snorkle tube or is it just hollow? I ask this because I wonder how hard it would be to make your own. I have never had a snorkle so it may be very difficult. But to me it just looks like tubing you can get at a hardware store. What do you guys think?
It wouldn't be that hard. Guys make their own all the time. As long as you don't mind seing a few clamps on the exterior of your jeep. Get some thick Rubber tubing a few elbows and throw a pre-filter up top and your good to go.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=07WrangX;544386]I really don't like the way the AEV and safari snorkels look!! Unless you have a black jeep, it is going to look bad. I know it is more expensive, but you can't pass up the look of the River Raider.

x2 on that. i think the RR has the best looks of all of them. just my 0.02
Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eisenjj
I've got the Graystone too...Could you please post a pic with your AEV Snorkel installed.
Cool. Interested to see some consumer pics.

Here are some pics.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/aev-snorkel-greystone-jk-stock-hood-43878/
Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

looking at the installation procedure.... it doesn't appear that it would work well with aftermarket fenders. Not saying it WONT work, but the mating surface would be different. Some mods may be required.

All said, this isn't an issue for me, as i have yet to hear if it will fit a LHD Jeep. (and i don't have aftermarket fenders yet either)
Old 06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

That's funny, because I think they all look better than the River Raider. I think it's fugly. Doesn't mean I won't get one one day. I am waiting on the volant before I make a decision. Whatever I get WILL NOT be color matched to the body. That's just plain wrong. Maybe if I had a sahara...

Your wheels are smokin' though.

I really don't like the way the AEV and safari snorkels look!! Unless you have a black jeep, it is going to look bad. I know it is more expensive, but you can't pass up the look of the River Raider.

Here is mine:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
That's funny, because I think they all look better than the River Raider. I think it's fugly. Doesn't mean I won't get one one day. I am waiting on the volant before I make a decision. Whatever I get WILL NOT be color matched to the body. That's just plain wrong. Maybe if I had a sahara...

Your wheels are smokin' though.
Thats fine if you like black plastic. I like the fact that the RR doesn't stick out so obviously.

Quick Reply: ARB Safari Snorkel Out Now