Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB onboard air: Is an upgraded battery needed?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
Using the winch is different. It draws an IMMENSE amount of power.

A lot of guys with hand throttles made from a bicycle gear shifter will set it to 2500rpm or so.

If you use your winch on a pull, you will often hear it bog down when the going gets tough. If you press on the gas and give it more juice, it will often times speed back up and have an easier go at it.

That being said, when I'm winching a HARD pull, I usually do it from inside the jeep so I can give it some gas.

The pro-cal feature that does that is pretty cool.
Good information! Thanks! I have a Superchips and I believe it has an idle up option like that as well. I will have to check..
Thanks everybody. You have made me feel more comfortable in using my current battery for a while.
I was starting to wonder if I needed to go out and by the dual optima battery kit! Granted, it would be great but those dollars could go to other things right now!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

every time I fill up (once a week) I check my tire, if their low I fill. I don't keep the engine running during a fill up, so its all on battery. Be doing this for about 8 months with a Stock battery and its still going strong.

plus the look on people faces are priceless.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by untold
every time I fill up (once a week) I check my tire, if their low I fill. I don't keep the engine running during a fill up, so its all on battery. Be doing this for about 8 months with a Stock battery and its still going strong.

plus the look on people faces are priceless.
Haha I bet, is yours mounted in the engine bay?
Old 12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cameron1022

Haha I bet, is yours mounted in the engine bay?
Yes, I get the deal from northridge

Quick Reply: ARB onboard air: Is an upgraded battery needed?