Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

arb lockers

Old 12-23-2007, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arb lockers

I have an unlimited renegade ( sahara in the US ) and am just about to purchase front and rear arb lockers has anybody any objections to these or is there anything better on the market. Thought I would get some opinions before I fork over the bucks.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

i have ARBs on my TJ and they work great. I debated for a long time between ARB and OX. Now I have lockers and on board air
Old 12-23-2007, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some have commented on the susceptibility of the air lines to damage. If you felt it necessary, this could be addressed by care in placement during installation, or the use of reinforced (red) airline.

SV
Old 12-23-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

I had dual ARBs in a landcruiser that I had and they were awesome.

I would recommend getting the larger compressor and inflate kit while your at it.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had front & rear ARBs on my TJ. They functioned well, but the durability was not the best. I replaced two rings in the compressor before I ended up using a Power-Tank CO2 system to run the lockers. I also had to replace a seal in the front. You may want to look at e-locker options.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

are they out for the jk's yet?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

apparently they are ( and I assume they are out in the US) I was over at the arb store on saturday, they mentioned they were about $3100 front and rear fitted. I went over there mechanical course I couldnt believe the difference they make.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sv650
Some have commented on the susceptibility of the air lines to damage. If you felt it necessary, this could be addressed by care in placement during installation, or the use of reinforced (red) airline.

SV
i have stainless braided lines. not cheap, but very dependable

Quick Reply: arb lockers