Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB locker questions

Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB locker questions

I'm regearing this summer with the help of a mechanic friend with experience regearing his own axles, rebuilding engines, ect. Since my axles are coming apart anyway, I was thinking of tossing an ARB locker in the rear D44. Could I just install it and hook up the air lines and compressor later? I want to use an MV-50 compressor, so I need to figure out how the setup will work and gather the parts before operating the locker.

Other then drilling the differential housing for the air line, are there any tricky aspects to installing an ARB over an open differential? Also, does anyone have an ARB setup with a non ARB compressor?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dronac
I'm regearing this summer with the help of a mechanic friend with experience regearing his own axles, rebuilding engines, ect. Since my axles are coming apart anyway, I was thinking of tossing an ARB locker in the rear D44. Could I just install it and hook up the air lines and compressor later? I want to use an MV-50 compressor, so I need to figure out how the setup will work and gather the parts before operating the locker.

Other then drilling the differential housing for the air line, are there any tricky aspects to installing an ARB over an open differential? Also, does anyone have an ARB setup with a non ARB compressor?
yes, you can but you will want to get at least the bulkhead fitting attached to the pumpkin. there is nothing else tricky regarding the install.

Quick Reply: ARB locker questions