Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Arb locker question

Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
I was inspired by STUPIDFACE's handiwork so I went and did the same thing -- STUPIDFACE, you should make a "write-up" thread for this since it's an easy/cheap alternative to the $70+ off-the-shelf option. Wired/plumbed mine and it all works. It does vibrate the brake assembly (and pedal) when the compressor runs, but I don't think it's harmful. (pls. forgive the dirty engine bay...)
looks good mccurdy...... brutha, if i inspired you, you have nowhere to go but up.....

as for the write up, there isnt much to write about as for as the bracket goes. i mean, it aint hard to figure out where i got the idea. i dont have a problem paying the $70, but i had my compressor coming in the next day and wanted a bracket "now." instead of ordering the bracket and having to wait 3 or 4 days for it to come in, i went in the shop and made me one in less than an hour. i basically found a piece of scrap angle (4x4x1/4), measured the centers of the bolts that hold on the master cylinder, laid out the holes in the angle, cut it out using a chop saw and jig saw (out of tips for plasma). the next day when the compressor came in, i marked the holes using the compressor (didnt realize there was a backing plate that could have been used as a template). drilled the holes in the mounting platform then grinded and shined it up with a scotch brite on a 4" grinder. then last i sprayed some clear on it. unfortunately, i didnt take any pics while i was building it. i never thought that it would warant i write up....actually a write up never crossed my mind

also, i just wired up the arb compressor and switches yesterday. im gonna leave the installation of the gears and lockers to the pros. as i said, im going to try to get it to the shop the monday after mardi gras. thats monday after next to all but the 3 other poeple on here from the new orleans area..... here are some pics:

corey d
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I just meant pull it out of the thread called "ARB locker question" (which actually started out as a part number clarification... sorry for the massive hijack) and stick it in the "Write Ups" section. No worries though -- I think a search will turn up this thread for anyone interested. My process was nearly the same except my "shop" consisted of a couple of cinder blocks, a saber saw, and an angle grinder
Old 02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default heres mine

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-15-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

i have a question, i have no room in my engine bay anymore for anything, does anyone know if i can put the air compressor for the arb air lockers in the trunk space? or does it have to be in the engine bay?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

have a question, i have no room in my engine bay anymore for anything, does anyone know if i can put the air compressor for the arb air lockers in the trunk space? or does it have to be in the engine bay?
You can put it anywhere you want , The engine bay is nice because the compressor is kind of loud and will be annoying in the cab.

David
Old 05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Hard to believe that you have no room in your engine bay... unless you have a diesel, in which case I hate you.

There are many other options and some good pics in this thread here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/board-air-mounts-where-81854/

Quick Reply: Arb locker question