Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Locker Issue - sticking? leak? defective?

Old 01-30-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to get a quarter turn tighter on the air line where it enter the axle housing. Tried it in 35 degrees and problem seemed to be fixed.....waiting for a really cold morning to verify.

When you say ESP shims, those are in the diff housing and pressed on before assembly ......correct?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP. I have the same issue with my rear locker. My ARB air locker would lock up but as soon as it gets a load on it, it disengages. I pulled the locker and the clutch gear had uneven wear on it. I replaced that and it seemed to work while in a parking lot. But the issue now is as soon as I put it on the trail and locked the rear, it did the same thing and disengaged. So something is wrong. Not sure where to go with this. Not sure why the clutch gear isn't fully engaging. That seems to be what's happening.

Btw, front locker works fine this whole time.

Quick Reply: ARB Locker Issue - sticking? leak? defective?