Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Locker Compressor (The small one)

Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB Locker Compressor (The small one)

I'm getting an arb locker, and so i picked up the arb compressor (the small one) to have something just dedicated to the locker, since I already have an OBA solution. When I ordered it, the guy at northridge told me they had a bracket for the larger one, but not for the small one. Anyone know of any brackets I can pick up for the compressor to either mount it in the engine bay or somewhere else not in the cabin? I'd prefer to have to somewhere a bit more protected from the elements, so the only ideas I seem to have heard of are either in the engine bay or behind the tail light, and since its a front axle locker, I would prefer the engine bay
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the dominion offroad bracket. It's a universal bracket and can hold a much larger compressor if I needed it to. Purchased through Quadratec. It holds the compressor in the engine bay near the ABS pump.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it helps,i am running the same compressor for both my front and rear lockers.there is no need for a aftermarket bracket,i used the supplied mounting plate,drilled a couple of holes on the drivers side plastic fenderwell and mounted it there.it hangs off the edge a little bit but is a clean set up and has worked really well,i have really put it through its paces and have had zero problems so far.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nvertflyer
if it helps,i am running the same compressor for both my front and rear lockers.there is no need for a aftermarket bracket,i used the supplied mounting plate,drilled a couple of holes on the drivers side plastic fenderwell and mounted it there.it hangs off the edge a little bit but is a clean set up and has worked really well,i have really put it through its paces and have had zero problems so far.
that's actually really good to know. do you have a picture of where you put it? I hate the idea of springing 50 bucks for something that I could just fab up for dirt cheap at some point
Old 04-09-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry it took so long to get back ,as for pics,i dont have any way to post them right now but as far as mounting it goes, just mount it to the flat spot on the drivers side fender well under the hood.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be able to mod the bracket for the larger unit and use it for the base compressor. I
Old 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nvertflyer
sorry it took so long to get back ,as for pics,i dont have any way to post them right now but as far as mounting it goes, just mount it to the flat spot on the drivers side fender well under the hood.
yeah I guess I'll just tell the guy doing the install to make it work #timgunn

wait, wrong crowd

#macgyver

Quick Reply: ARB Locker Compressor (The small one)