Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Locker and Axle Shafts

Old 02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB Locker and Axle Shafts

I am thinking about putting lockers front and rear when I regear to 5.13 on my Sahara 4dr auto. I have a Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear. I believe the front is a 27 spline inner and 30 spline outer. The rear is 30 spline. I'd like to add ARB lockers front and rear when I regear. I plan to upgrade the front axle shafts as well. I plan to leave the rear stock for now. Anyone busting the rear axle shafts? My question is what lockers to order? I'd like to go chromoly 30 spline inner and outer up front, rather than keep the 27 spline inner. I would think the 30 spline inner would be significantly stronger that the 27 spline. Will the stock rear axle shafts hold up for a while? Assuming I can go with 30 spline inner/outer in the front, what ARB model do I need? I read somewhere about the "thick" gearing having an impact on the locker choice. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i had my stock diffs D44 rear and D30 front I installed ARB air lockers.
If you are thinking about putting ARB Air lockers then you can not install 30 or 32 spline axle shafts for the front d30 bec the ARB Air locker for JK D30 can accpet only 27 spline inner axle shafts and the ARB Airlocker number is RD100

For the rear you need ARB air locker number RD117 which can take 30 spline axle shafts.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that the 30 spline ARB locker (RD104) for 3.73 and numerically higher Dana 30 axles would work with aftermarket axle shafts (30 spline inners). Can someone tell me definitively one way or the other?

Quick Reply: ARB Locker and Axle Shafts