Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB differential covers?

Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB differential covers?

Will the ARB differential covers for the Dana 44 axles fit on an '08 Rubicon (front and rear)? Will they clear the stock suspension and fit over the differential internals (gears, lockers, actuators, ect.) without modification. I like the dipstick that comes with the ARB covers which is why I am interested in them. Any opinions on other differential covers will be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an appt to put 5.13's in next month. Last time I was in they showed the ARB covers to me. I like the idea of the dipstick too. When I called and made the appt and inquired about having them ARB covers put on (mine is an 08 Rubicon) they said there is no problem with the rear but that the front may be a problem in that the bumpout where the dipstock goes will sometimes make contact. It supposedly depends on the lift. So I won't know until they try it.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chuck45
I have an appt to put 5.13's in next month. Last time I was in they showed the ARB covers to me. I like the idea of the dipstick too. When I called and made the appt and inquired about having them ARB covers put on (mine is an 08 Rubicon) they said there is no problem with the rear but that the front may be a problem in that the bumpout where the dipstock goes will sometimes make contact. It supposedly depends on the lift. So I won't know until they try it.
I don't plan on lifting my JK and was wondering about the front track bar making contact too. I sent ARB my question about fitting their covers on a JK and am waiting to see what they say.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

There was an issue withe the ARB covers rubbing the stock track bar. I had read that they may have been working on a different version, but have not heard if it is completed or even started.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenJeep07
I don't plan on lifting my JK and was wondering about the front track bar making contact too. I sent ARB my question about fitting their covers on a JK and am waiting to see what they say.
i have emailed ARB in the past regarding their bull bars. they DO respond unlike other companies. good luck. let us know what they say, i too like the ARB diff covers
Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

I like the ARB's also. I was told they work fine on the front but on the rear, if you have the electronic locker, it will interfere with the solenoids. I called ARB, they hadn't heard any complaints about that. A forum member here wrote me that he had a electronic locker in the rear and had the ARB with no problems; so I don't know. I'd hate to buy one and then find out it doesn't work.

The place that told me that only sells Dynatrac, Solid and Alloy; maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have installed the ARB diff covers on plenty of Rubicons with out any problems.

David
Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running them; D44 Rubi front, 2" OME, FT adjustable trackbars, Fox Steer Stab and Woods Relocation bracket. No marks on it yet from the outside stuff and the front works fine off road. I'd assume there'd be some awful noise or something if the cove was interfering with the carrier.

BTW I really like the dipstick and extra magnets in there too.

The only thing I haven't bothered to figure out is the extra fluid capacity with them on. Right now I just have about an extra 1/4 of a pint in both front and back.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seer1
I'm running them; D44 Rubi front, 2" OME, FT adjustable trackbars, Fox Steer Stab and Woods Relocation bracket. No marks on it yet from the outside stuff and the front works fine off road. I'd assume there'd be some awful noise or something if the cove was interfering with the carrier.

BTW I really like the dipstick and extra magnets in there too.

The only thing I haven't bothered to figure out is the extra fluid capacity with them on. Right now I just have about an extra 1/4 of a pint in both front and back.
Don't over do the fluids, even though you can, it will just come out your breather. ARB actually has you place your stock next to their cover to decide how much fluid to put in.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconOrdie
Don't over do the fluids, even though you can, it will just come out your breather. ARB actually has you place your stock next to their cover to decide how much fluid to put in.
I missed that in the instructions. Do you remember what it said? I ran it pretty good this weekend and nothing come out of the breather.

Quick Reply: ARB differential covers?