Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: The Best Diff covers are...
The ARB's are best because of the drain plug.
32.14%
The Drain plug is mostly useless. You'll end up taking the cover off anyway.
17.86%
The Brand I listed below are better.
12.50%
The Stock covers are fine. Save my cash.
37.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Are the ARB Diff covers worth it?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
No one has said anything about the Teraflex covers? Anyone have these?
I just put them on, pretty stout and like the look. Haven't wheeled it since I've put them on, but have no doubts they will survive a hit.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another drain plug is pointless - the JK already has one in the housing.

A dipstick is handy, but a zip-tie bent at 90 degrees works just a good and is way cheaper.

It ain't just rocks that takes out diffs. I've seen a stump take out a diff cover.

Save some coin and get a good, stout cover or guard. I prefer Riddlers, but just about anything is better than the stockers - except maybe those chrome jobbies.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

HotFrosty, changing out the diff covers is a breeze. When you have decided on one, I would suggest also getting the lube lockers for them also, let me know and you are welcome to come by and we can change them out at my place. I would be happy to help out.

Good luck in your hunt and whatever you decide on.

In reference to someones reply about the SOLID diffs hitting, I have had no problems with mine and I am very satisfied with them. For the money there is absolutely NOTHING else on the market that even comes close.

Let me know if I can help you out.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

I've debated this long and hard but the time to change my fluid is coming up, plus my stockers have been bleeding and have started to rust and flake which looks like sh$t. SOOO I ordered my ARB diffs tonight. All in all I really just like them. They were more money but Stan at Northridge gave me a stellar deal so I can't complain.

My wife made a good point about the "pretty factor" of the ARB's. She said that people are always looking at the exterior features (lift, tires, rack etc) and commenting/complimenting our JK but no one every notices the underside. She said she liked the ARB's because they catch the eye and draw attention to the underside of the Jeep. I think she likes driving the Jeep and getting extra attention.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the poison spider because it is smooth, strong, and was on sell for $75 each. I counted the ARB out because of the color. But that black looks great, nice job.

The stockers are crap if you scrape them on a rock they will leak.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

I plan to paint mine Sunburst Orange to match the body color. Plus aren't pumpkins supposed to be orange anyways?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spleify
HotFrosty, changing out the diff covers is a breeze. When you have decided on one, I would suggest also getting the lube lockers for them also, let me know and you are welcome to come by and we can change them out at my place. I would be happy to help out.

Good luck in your hunt and whatever you decide on.

In reference to someones reply about the SOLID diffs hitting, I have had no problems with mine and I am very satisfied with them. For the money there is absolutely NOTHING else on the market that even comes close.

Let me know if I can help you out.
I'm still thinking about having a light mod day at my house. But I'm hoping someone with a lift will volunteer so we can do Lifts, diffs and anything else we can think of.
I guess I had better post that up in the Colorado area.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
I want to get the ARB covers on my JK. I like the dipstick feature but I do have one concern in regards to the dipstick feature. Would it be easy for water or other elements to make their way inside my diff?
Each bung aside from a good thread has a rubber o-ring to provide a really good seal when tightened. Would pay to have some spare o-rings as they can get pinched and wear out with constant checking of fluid.

The ARB covers are really nicely machined and although I have not had experience with other aftermarket diff covers would definately recommend them.

I find the locations of the drain and fill bungs really handy and they make changing the fluid a pretty easy job for even a novice wrench like myself.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should get these:

.zingologymfg.com/diffs.htm[/url]

The real pumpkin head one is awesome.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-02-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clickys please
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
You should get these:

.zingologymfg.com/diffs.htm

The real pumpkin head one is awesome.
Those are pretty sweet... some not so functional (pit bull head), but cool looking.

Wife said get the ARB's.

Quick Reply: Are the ARB Diff covers worth it?