Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Diff Cover - ISSUE RESOLVED

Old 06-27-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great. Yet another poorly designed product.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Great. Yet another poorly designed product.
What was poorly designed? David makes it pretty clear it's not the cover, but sounds like some poor install work, not sure if that;s due to poor design.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scouter4life
What was poorly designed? David makes it pretty clear it's not the cover, but sounds like some poor install work, not sure if that;s due to poor design.
I posted that before I saw David's explanation.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nclehmann
I've had mine for 3 months and no problems with anything. I've used my lockers twice and both times worked without hesitation. I guess I got me one 'em good product variations!
Twice in 3 months. Get out there and wheel that rig.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
Twice in 3 months. Get out there and wheel that rig.
I didn't say I wheeled twice, just used my lockers twice.

I don't wheel hard anyways and a more experienced rock crawler could probably have done in 2wd what it took me to do in 4Lo and locked!

It's hot here now and I'd rather take my boat out on the lake and go tubing or wakeboarding, since the water is nice. My wife and I go camping and wheeling in the Spring and Fall when it's cooler.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nclehmann
I didn't say I wheeled twice, just used my lockers twice.

I don't wheel hard anyways and a more experienced rock crawler could probably have done in 2wd what it took me to do in 4Lo and locked!

It's hot here now and I'd rather take my boat out on the lake and go tubing or wakeboarding, since the water is nice. My wife and I go camping and wheeling in the Spring and Fall when it's cooler.
Nice to have all the out door options.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for clearing the issue a bit, David. Much appreciated. I recently got mine, but haven't installed them yet due to backorder on the 5.13 gears that will be installed at the same time. I'll tell the mechanic who will do the installation to be careful with all the previous mentioned, as I'm also convinced that installation (of gears) is to be done very carefully and by an experienced mechanic. And with ARB's outstanding reputation, I doubt they'd release a product that would destroy any part of the OE locker...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

thanks for finding out the correct info dave!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
the sensor does move around you just need to make sure its pushed up before you cranking down on the cover my senseor hit the inside of the solids but you just have to make sure its out of the way it doesnt actually move once the cover is on just be careful and pay attention and youll be ok
That made me a little nervous too when I did my solids , but its been fine. I dont think mine moved though
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow. i know this is way off topic on an important issue and what i'm about to share has probably already been mentioned elsewhere, but in reading through this i noticed MAROONJEEP's sig line and wanted to see pics of his set up. so, naturally i clicked on his project-jk gallery. didn't find what i was looking for but i wasn't disappointed either...

Quick Reply: ARB Diff Cover - ISSUE RESOLVED