Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB diff cover issue

Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
You obviously don't know enough about business then - because why would they limit the market to such a narrow segment? That's a sure way to shut your doors.
You're not comprehending. Those vehicles have already been on the road for awhile and those vehicles have presumably been tested with the product. That is unless their differential covers are brand new to every vehicle and then in which case yes they'd need to be factored in to any testing.

But even with that you have to factor in the market. For the off-road vehicles that have been on the road for awhile chances are the owners have either purchased a different differential cover or don't need one. In that case, the market is really in the new vehicles where the owners are considering what covers to purchase.

Almost every cover I've heard of needs a little grinding. Nothing is a perfect fitting. Have you installed anything on your JK? I have put on new bumpers and rock sliders. And let me tell you, NONE of them fit perfect. That's just how it goes. Sure I get mad about it but in the end you just have to come to expect that.
Are you just trying to be a jerk with the "you obviously don't know anything about business" and the "have you installed anything on your JK" cracks? I'm asking to determine your intent. If you are trying to be a jerk you know where you can go.

I put my Solid differential covers on and they're fine. No grinding. Obviously, when I lift my Jeep that may change. I'm hoping not.

Companies try to make a product that appeals to the largest group they can, and sell it. That's how they stay in business. If you don't like their business model, start your own.
Or buy somewhere else. But, thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: ARB diff cover issue