Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB diff cover installation

Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Windrocker
The ARB cover is one lowest profile designs available and other than stock cover the only one that will fit without rubbing when using the very tight Full Traction track bars.

..... On the front I am at the 2 and a half mark on the dip stick.
2 and 1/2 on the front, now that seems a little high. But of course it does depend on your setup, but I know my rear is higher than my front for sure. On my front with maybe 1 notch covered on the front dipstick, that's it, any more and it "vents" out the breather. I think I ended up almost 1/3 QT more in the rear, a little less (1/4 QT) over in the front.

Windrocker, did you paint your ARB covers?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edwin907

Windrocker, did you paint your ARB covers?
Yes I did. I really wanted the diff to match argent paint I put on my OME shocks.

I just taped off the clear coated bare iron parts and then scuffed up the red powder coat with a scotch pad and some bits of steel wool and cue tips for the smaller areas like in between the letters. Put on 4 coats of Dupli-color engine enamel and 4 coats of clear. I was very pleased with the out come .

As for the levels, I will have to check my front diff again tomorrow, I might be remembering that wrong
Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Junkie

Cool, thanks for the info, these covers look awesome, I'll be installing at least my rear cover this weekend. Anyone use 75-140 in both front and rear? I know that's what David at Northridge recommends so I'll probably be doing that.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rear trackbar make contact at full stuff (also may be due to drop bracket for lift) and my front drag link hits the front at full left (I think I remembered that right) turn.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

I think I might have overfilled my diff a little after spilling a bunch all over the basement floor, has anyone tried one of those pump things to fill the diff? Also, have people been using the recommended factory fill level mentioned above with their ARB covers with good results? I think I might have 2.5 to 2.75 qts in mine now.

This diff cover looks amazing, but it's hard to read the dip stick so I would just rather fill it with the same amount every time.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
has anyone tried one of those pump things to fill the diff?
I found a PLEWS Fluid pump that fits quart bottles. Works awesome. Think I got it at a pepboys or autozone... or was it advance auto....

anyhow, ask around, its very handy!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

So it seems everyone I ask seems to think that the fluid level should be the same as what is in the owners manual or ~2.5 quarts in a D44. I guess I will just go by the owners manual even though it's a different cover.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question for you Rubi owners that use ARB diff covers... I noticed that the elocker wiring was held in place with a bracket that was mounted via the top two bolts of the rear diff covers... but with the ARB cover, since the bolts are recessed you can't do that... where'd you relocate that bracket? I just temporarily zip tied it to the park break line (that was near).
Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nytennisaddict
Question for you Rubi owners that use ARB diff covers... I noticed that the elocker wiring was held in place with a bracket that was mounted via the top two bolts of the rear diff covers... but with the ARB cover, since the bolts are recessed you can't do that... where'd you relocate that bracket? I just temporarily zip tied it to the park break line (that was near).
I've been using zip ties for quite some time. They work just fine.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seer1
I've been using zip ties for quite some time. They work just fine.
thx for the response!

Quick Reply: ARB diff cover installation