Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

arb d44 rear diff fill level?

Old 04-20-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question arb d44 rear diff fill level?

Odd that the rear ARB cover has been on there for 6+ months and now has decided to slowly leak.

I plan to just refill until i have time to take it off and reseal it. BUT like an idiot i didnt bother to mark effectively the dipstick for the proper level of oil.

Anyone know at which notch/bar should be for the proper fill level for a non rubi rear D44?

thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear 44 takes 2.5 quarts of gear oil. I have arb cover and this is how much I use no problems.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i think your right... i guess its easier to just drain it and refill with new oil instead of trying to guess how much to top it off at.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

It's not the numbers that are important when filling the rear differential.
It needs enough to bring the level above the bottom of the inside of the axle tubes, so the oil gets to the outer axle bearings.

Here is a picture of the stock cover fill plug as it relates to the axle tube.
Whatever cover you have, fill to the same level. No need to remember a quantity number.

Quick Reply: arb d44 rear diff fill level?