Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB cover for RUBI D44 front differential advice

Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB cover for RUBI D44 front differential advice

I installed an ARB D44 front differential cover on my Rubi. The install was not a big deal as most of you know, however, determining the Oil Level was a bit confusing for me.

I measured the dip stick and determined a line based on the previous cover for the fluid level, however, when I filled 1.35 quarts of oil, the level showed a bit higher than my mark. My Jeep is stock as far as lift goes.

Can anyone with ARB cover mod chime in with their experience and suggestions with fluid level and amount?

Thanks

Last edited by 4X4JK; 06-23-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dif fluid level using different covers

Because the OEM cover and the ARB(or any other brand for that matter) cover have a different curvature and slighter different shape it will take a different amount of fluid to fill each to the same "fluid level".

When I changed mine out, using the OEM cover as a guide, I measured the height of the oil filler plug. I then marked the ARB "dipstick" at that level. Subsequently, using a small triangle file, I created a slight permanent circle on the ARB "dipstick". I use this mark as my fluid level which gives the same fluid depth in the differential with the ARB cover as it had with the OEM cover. When I change fluid I simply fill to my mark on the dipstick.

If you do this make sure you measure with the "dipstick" seated into the cover and mark accordingly.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eugene, thank you for answering my post. In your experience, did you put a bit less fluid in the axle than what the OE cover would have required?

Quick Reply: ARB cover for RUBI D44 front differential advice