Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB compressor won't stop when jeep is inclined

Old 11-14-2015, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB compressor won't stop when jeep is inclined

So here's my issue :

I have the cksa12 ARB compressor, installed above the brake booster. I have installed a stainless steel air line to minimize the chances of leaks. I redid the teflon tape on the fittings.

I have only the rear locker that works with the compressor. when engaged, if I go up a hill and reach a good incline, the compressor won't stop pumping until the jeep reach near level ground again. I just can't figure how its possible
Old 11-15-2015, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could perhaps be either relay or pressure switch thats triggering when you go off camber; if it was an air leak, would seem odd that it only shows when going up hill, unless maybe the lines getting streteched maybe and leaking intermittently?
Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah I thought about the relay/solenoid, it seemed that the threads of the rod crossing the solenoid are not tighting that much, but then again, would it leak only when inclined?..

And as for the air line, the stainless steel line is threaded on both ends, so even if it streches, I don't think it would leak.

Gonna have to leak test that with soapy water this week.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by holeshot
So here's my issue :

I have the cksa12 ARB compressor, installed above the brake booster. I have installed a stainless steel air line to minimize the chances of leaks. I redid the teflon tape on the fittings.

I have only the rear locker that works with the compressor. when engaged, if I go up a hill and reach a good incline, the compressor won't stop pumping until the jeep reach near level ground again. I just can't figure how its possible
What do you mean by "stainless steel air line" -- solid metal pipe, or braided over a soft pipe?
Either can develop a leak along the pipe and not necessarily at the connections.
If solid, I'd look for leaks at bends. If braided, I'd look for leaks where it's near hot parts.

Last edited by GJeep; 11-15-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

its a braided line, from rubicon express. And it is brand new, and routed as far as possible from the exhaust.

I did a trail this weekend with no issue.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by holeshot
its a braided line, from rubicon express. And it is brand new, and routed as far as possible from the exhaust.

I did a trail this weekend with no issue.
I haven't got a clue how this could happen only on an incline...

Last edited by GJeep; 11-18-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

I've ran ARB lockers on several rigs with different compressors. The lockers never failed, but I had numerous issues with air leaks, and a couple of smashed electrical connections. You're on the right track with engaging locker, full pump, soap, and look. Check pressure from pump (no pressure switch, or faulty, can cause too high of pressure to locker seals!!! check and provide pump psi) Having the pump up front and a long air line to the back creates more chances of leaks. Hope its not in the diff....

edit: Teflon tape only works with tight fittings

Last edited by White Devil; 11-17-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: ARB compressor won't stop when jeep is inclined