Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Arb COmpressor Question

Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T&ERun
I mounted mine under the hood with a custom bracket. I mounted my air tank under my rear seat (the rear seat will no longer be folded flat with this). I plumbed them together with 3/8" flexable tubing. Here's a link

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ressor-195183/
Awesome Install. Very clean. DId you ever find the leak? ALso, do you need anything other then the high temperature and pressure connector hose? Whats the max PSI you are able to keep on a ful tank?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed...
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN
I have a friend that mounted his on the inside of the tailgate. Perfect spot. I think he plans of fabbing up a plate to cover it for protection.
At this point I'm going to get a Viair 5 gallon. It's the only Viair that has two 3/8ths ports. That should be perfect for higher cfm rated tools.

It should also fit nicer on the back door. Would it be possible for you to get pics of your friends installation?

I'm curious how he accessed the inside of the door. Curious if once the stock tire carrier is removed if you have easy access to it.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Awesome Install. Very clean. DId you ever find the leak? ALso, do you need anything other then the high temperature and pressure connector hose? Whats the max PSI you are able to keep on a ful tank?
Haven't searched for the leak as it's very minimal and it doesn't bother me. That high temp hose came with the ARB manifold kit that I bought. There are other manifolds out there that you can buy but I bought that one as it's designed specifically for use with ARB locker sylanoids. The compressor has a built in pressure switch that cuts power at 160psi. That's what my tank fills up to.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

So the compressor fitting I used are all 1/4 npd. I also have a hose that is a 1/4 NPD. Im buying a tank that has 2 ports for 1/4 and 2 for 3/8ths.

Will it matter that the feeder hose to the tank is 1/4 and the air tools I use will be using 3/8th?

Logically you would think i'd be using more air from the tank faster than the compressor could refill it. My thought however is that since the exit port from the compressor is 1/4, that hooking of a 3/8th would increase volume but decrease PSI thus not changing anything. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Arb COmpressor Question