Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB Compressor, Which One?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the best place to mount the compressor? under the hood or somewhere in the passenger compartment? under the seat sounds like a good idea, but how much noise and heat does that thing make?

corey d
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info Dave. The ARB is near the top of my list now - either that or a VIAIR setup.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toad
I just had my HD compressor installed with my ARB lockers. I was told by the installer that I shouldn't really use the compressor to air up my tires with it...that I should only use it for my lockers. I'm getting conflicting information.
The installer doesn't know what he talking about - whats new? If the small one is adequate for the lockers why would anyone buy the larger if it could be used for nothing but the lockers. I've observed a ton of people using the big ARB to air up their tires. Some had been doing so for years with no compressor problems.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

check out a company called Slee for a nice compressor mount for the engine bay. I think is was about $50. Unfortunately I found it after I mounted my compressor. I mounted mine on the metal AEM heat shield for the air intake. It was already there and up nice and high to keep the compressor out of the water.

Quick Reply: ARB Compressor, Which One?