Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB compressor in 2015 JK glove box

Old 01-30-2016 | 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default ARB compressor in 2015 JK glove box

Anyone see an issue with mounting an ARB single compressor in the dash in front on the HVAC recirculation vent? I'm in a 2015 JK and it will run 2 lockers up air up. I don't like the under seat mount because I've had the floors filled with water and couple times crossing streams and deep Georgia mudholes. I couldn't find searching where someone has tried a dash mount in a 2012+ JK.

Old 01-30-2016 | 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Kind of slick but what about the underhood option? I can't tell from the pic so can't see the solenoids but I'm sure it'd be a PITA to run the lines and wiring. Especially if you get beefier braided locker lines.
Old 01-30-2016 | 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

I'm worried about the elements and mud under the hood. I think I have figured out how to run all the lines. My biggest problem is figuring out how to bolt it down.
Old 01-30-2016 | 06:11 AM
Former Vendor

It may take bending up some metal to make a bracket to get it to work, also it does get hot so you'll want to keep wires away.

I mounted my ARB compressor behind the passenger side taillight. Works awesome, out of the elements, and isn't as loud as being in the cab.

*Picture isn't mine, just pulled off Google for example
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2867180496.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	455.6 KB
ID:	636153  
Old 01-30-2016 | 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Wouldn't it be easier to mount the compressor in a more traditional spot and then run a remote air inlet? Maybe run the air inlet to the vehicle air intake box, snorkel, or thru the fire wall to the glove box?
Old 01-30-2016 | 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

I gave up on the dash idea a few hours ago. I would have to take too much of the dash apart to get it mounted or at least make a bracket. I decided to go with under the drivers seat. My plan is to mount it to the floor on a 3/8" thick rubber spacer. It still keeps it cool and away from the mud.

Quick Reply: ARB compressor in 2015 JK glove box