Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anything additional needed for adding a 4" lift?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything additional needed for adding a 4" lift?

Hi guys, I just traded in my 2007 JK Rubi for a 2012 JKU Rubi and I'm really excited. I bought this 4" lift, http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...ut-shocks.html

from Teraflex and I purchased 2 BILSTEIN Front and Rear 5100 Series Gas Shock Absorber For 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4-5" Lift. Is there anything else I need to install this 4" lift and shocks? Some guy at work mentioned something about maybe needing to change my drive shaft?? Forgive my ignorance. I know you guys will set me straight
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well you will probably be wanting front lower adjustable control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms so you can adjust your caster and pinion angle, some sort of bracketry or an adjustable front track bar to re-center your front axle (left to right). If you have an automatic transmission you might require a front aftermarket drive shaft as it might get wrecked on your front cross member. Your rear drive shaft should be okay for the time being. That's all I can think of that would be required to dial in your ride but I'm sure others will chime in. Enjoy your new Jeep and new lift!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CDN-JK
Well you will probably be wanting front lower adjustable control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms so you can adjust your caster and pinion angle, some sort of bracketry or an adjustable front track bar to re-center your front axle (left to right). If you have an automatic transmission you might require a front aftermarket drive shaft as it might get wrecked on your front cross member. Your rear drive shaft should be okay for the time being. That's all I can think of that would be required to dial in your ride but I'm sure others will chime in. Enjoy your new Jeep and new lift!
CDN-JK's right. Adjustable track bar and the adjustable ca's. I bought a JE Reel front ds with my 3" Full Traction lift...a 2012 lifted much at 3" or more is gonna have a very steep angle on the front ds. Without a new one, you're probably gonna tear something up.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Freak

more cash $$$$
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any time, in an auto, you go over 3" you should replace your drive shafts. Go Tom woods 1310's unless your doing crazy hardcore offroading then you should go with 1350's....Also you should consider dual steering stabilizer if your going with bigger tires
Old 11-08-2011, 02:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt buy Tom Woods driveshafts
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys I don't know how anyone can own a JK and not be on this forum. I'd be in the dark with out you.

That being said can you guys give me your opinions on brands of drive shafts, etc. Should I go with the Teraflex drive shaft advertised on their site?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kapone
Thanks guys I don't know how anyone can own a JK and not be on this forum. I'd be in the dark with out you.

That being said can you guys give me your opinions on brands of drive shafts, etc. Should I go with the Teraflex drive shaft advertised on their site?
I'd buy TeraFlex or JE REEL

Reeldrivelinedotcom
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
I'd buy TeraFlex or JE REEL

Reeldrivelinedotcom
Ok so for 80% DD and 20% Trail is the 1310 good enough to roll with?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kapone
Ok so for 80% DD and 20% Trail is the 1310 good enough to roll with?
I think that would be more than fine, but Id call REEL and tell them lift your doing and what add-ons your doing to the lift and what your using Jeep for and they will aim you in the absolute best direction

Quick Reply: Anything additional needed for adding a 4" lift?