Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone using Full Traction Economy Lift?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Full Traction Economy Lift?

Just wondering about the full traction 3" economy lift and who is using it and if they like it or not. The price is definatley more appealing than the price for the premium 3". Thanks for any imput.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The issue you will run into with any basic/econo lift is that there is no way to adjust your caster.

Read the "Q: What is Caster? How much do I need?" section of the Suspension faq's for more info.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/

Here is another thread concerning caster issues with that particular lift.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=full+traction

Anyway, yes the price is attractive. Yes, it is good quality. Just be aware that it is not 'complete', and you will most likely want to add more components.

When you have time, I would also suggest reading the "Q: Are new driveshafts needed after installing a lift?" section of the Drivetrain/etc FAQ, just so you aren't surprised down the road.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-07-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mattyquicken
Just wondering about the full traction 3" economy lift and who is using it and if they like it or not. The price is definatley more appealing than the price for the premium 3". Thanks for any imput.
its a basic kit like every company sells, but you really do need some control arms to fix the caster issues.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the info. I figured it was a save now pay later kind of situation. When the time comes I'd rather spend a little more up front than have to upgrade later.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mattyquicken
Thanks for all the info. I figured it was a save now pay later kind of situation. When the time comes I'd rather spend a little more up front than have to upgrade later.
Check out the ultimate kit, it has everything you need from the start.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Piginajeep, the ultimate really is the ultimate. I feel like a real poser no jk yet hopefully in next 6 mo to year, but i really want to do it right the first time.....money provided. But again thanks for the info.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I BOUGHT THE ECON KIT BECAUSE THE PRICE WAS RIGHT AND YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY THE CONTROL ARMS LATER, I DO LIKE IT BUT THE CONTROL ARMS WOULD BE A LOT NICER. THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH AND UPGRADE FOR THE 3-4 INCH LIFT IT UPGRADES YOU TO THE LONG ARM KIT FOR $1900.00
Old 10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Berts JK
I BOUGHT THE ECON KIT BECAUSE THE PRICE WAS RIGHT AND YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY THE CONTROL ARMS LATER, I DO LIKE IT BUT THE CONTROL ARMS WOULD BE A LOT NICER. THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH AND UPGRADE FOR THE 3-4 INCH LIFT IT UPGRADES YOU TO THE LONG ARM KIT FOR $1900.00
I bought the upgrade for my 3" ultimate, welll worth the cash

Quick Reply: Anyone using Full Traction Economy Lift?