Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone using dyna beads on stock wheels/tires

Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using dyna beads on stock wheels/tires

http://dynabeads.ca/BigTirechart.htm

Relative newbie here although I understand the stock BFG mud-t's wear long, I was thinking of pulling off the factory weights in favor of something which will rebalance themselves throughout their tire life on my rubicon. Would be nice not to have that fugly wheel weight disicrating an otherwise perfect wheel too....

Any thoughts what this would do to the tire pressure monitoring system? Are the beads noisy, or balance poorly at low speed?

Last edited by Robar; 01-08-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST DIRECT NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

No replies?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

beads will destroy your TPMS.....so the tire guy told me.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
beads will destroy your TPMS.....so the tire guy told me.

Thanks for your response.

Dynabead has this posted in their faq:

"Can I use your product with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)?

Most TPMS sensors that thread onto the valve stem, such as the Pressure Pro, will require a filtered valve core.

Note: If your wheels have a TPMS system that is an integral part of the valve stem, Dyna Beads will not cause any problems, but you won't be able to install the beads using the Applicator. See examples here" (which is a link to a pic of the TPMS valves typcially used)

They claim no problems, but you can't simply pull out the valve guts and dump the media in as it might not pass through the sensor I guess.

Does anyone have a pic of the TPMS they used on the JK?

I would really like to do this, but have to admit breaking the bead to install the beads seems like a PITA for all this is worth...

Comments???
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To help explain the picture, problem we ran into with the TPMS sensors was the fact that the stem is alumium and when something besides air finds it, it gets bent and broke, so we did this to elimate that problem.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkkat

To help explain the picture, problem we ran into with the TPMS sensors was the fact that the stem is alumium and when something besides air finds it, it gets bent and broke, so we did this to elimate that problem.
so if I understand correctly you mounted the TPMS separately and then went with a traditional rubber core in the rim air filler hole hole?

Just curious what was hitting it?

By the looks of the TPMS, it appears as if the beads would fall through it when you remove the valve guts...
Old 01-15-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N2rock
wow... Had me considering these... Until I saw the price for beads for a 35" tire. With shipping it would be over $100 to do all 5 tires

I had called these guys the other day and the stock 275/75R17 BFG mud t's take 6 oz per tire. So with the spare only 64.97 before shipping.

I'd look at it more that money saved not having to rebalance, and longer wear of tire due to constant rebalancing.

I'll be calling them again, need to find 100% for sure if the beads will fall through our TPMS sensors once the valve gut is removed...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

i was checking out the picture. that doesnt really work to circumvent the tpms system does it?

corey d

Quick Reply: anyone using dyna beads on stock wheels/tires