Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone used the Hi-Lift mount on LOD?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used the Hi-Lift mount on LOD?

I have a LOD signature series w/tire carrier and it is supposed to have a Hi-Lift mount. I see the two bolts that are supposed to used and it does not look like they will work for me. Has anyone else had a problem trying to use the mount? My jack is a 48" extreme if that would matter, but I think they are all the same.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had the same problem. the bolts are just a bit off (they need to be about 1/4" closer together). but i found that the holes in the hi-lift are oval shaped and if you line up the holes at their widest points you can get the jack onto the bolts. you will end up stripping the threads from the base of the bolts, but you won't need them since the jack will be sitting on top of them. its a tight fit, but it will work. hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will try again but I was thinking about modifying it to carry the jack horizontally instead of vertically.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

We put a nut on the bolts (so the threads don't get stripped) and used a hammer to gently tap them over into place. Just needed a little nudge to line them up properly.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the Question and the answers.
I just installed my LoD signature rear, and was wondering how to mount the highlift.
If you could post a pic, that would be great.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are pics on the LOD site that show how things are supposed to work.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

They're one of my top choices for a rear bumper. Will this be fixed on future shipments?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
They're one of my top choices for a rear bumper. Will this be fixed on future shipments?

Go with the LOD I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. The bumper is very well made and super heavy duty. This mount issue is minor.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Well for that amount of money, something so minor should be taken care of by the manufacturer. I'm still a year or more away from the rear bumper assembly, and if this is still a problem, I'll look elsewhere. Very nice looking bumper though.
Originally Posted by ytee
Go with the LOD I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. The bumper is very well made and super heavy duty. This mount issue is minor.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Well for that amount of money, something so minor should be taken care of by the manufacturer. I'm still a year or more away from the rear bumper assembly, and if this is still a problem, I'll look elsewhere. Very nice looking bumper though.
I will be looking for a rear bumper as well and I hope they fix this small problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone used the Hi-Lift mount on LOD?