Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

anyone use these mirror relocation brackets?

Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like quatratec's new automatic mirror movers. But they are not cheap. No useless right mirror.

http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/n...ror-movers.php
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-449658608.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	594726  
Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with what people are saying, I have these and use them so I can be legal only. I would suggest looking up American Outlaw.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought the RR quick release round mirror set. I keep the mounts up all the time and when I take the doors off, I just pop them on. It appears that taking the stock mirrors off and moving them every time would be a PITA. For $50, this solution is just plug and play.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
This is probably the best way to go. I made mine with some hardware from Lowe's. I used canopy mirrors from a F-18 though. The driver side I can see fine, passenger I have to angle it so it moves the mirror closer towards the back of the Jeep to see it.

You must've been part way through a barrel roll when you shot that image. ;-)
Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Back on topic, when the JKs first came out Mopar offered a driver's side mirror bracket that came with a TJ mirror. I've used it. It doesn't solve the passenger side, however ...

TJ mirror mounted ...

And I just leave the bracket on rather than risk spinning one of the nutserts in the windshield frame ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep on Topless Day, May 08, 0423.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	594738Click image for larger version

Name:	Verdant Jeep Images, Jun 14, 5017, Jeep at Stanley Draper Lake.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	594739
Old 02-01-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

If you are looking for what to do for mirrors with doors off, I recommend getting these: Tapered Long Stem Mirror, Left Side-91910-03B | Handlebar Mounted Mirrors | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

They work terrific and mount right into the door hinge bracket. It looks good, low profile, and you don't have to worry about taking the mirrors off the doors. They work terrific for the passenger side too. No issues with that side. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it mounted like that, but it does work great.

Then, if you end up getting tube doors, you can mount the mirrors right into those. And again, you won't ever have to remove the door mirrors.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	594744
Old 02-01-2015, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elkdognc
These are from the Mopar parts web site.

Jeep Wrangler Mirror Relocation Brackets (Part No: 102504RR)

They look to be ok, just truing to see if someone has used them or not, and if they came with the blankoff plates for the doors. and they re-use the original mirrors so you don't have to pay for new ones with the others laying around!

Spring is comin, time to take the doors off!
Worst relocation bracket on the market, like JK-Hammer they were on my jeep when I bought it. The passenger mirror is impossible to see out of. I bought some factory mirror brackets and put them back on. I have yet to take my doors off since I don't really have anywhere to put them without the possibility of them being damaged.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

I have the Dietech relocation brackets and love em'! I bought me another set of OEM mirrors and leave them mounted on the brackets....remove doors, install the door less mirrors and I'm on my way! And no vibration at all! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!

Last edited by CajunTiger; 02-02-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I have the Dietech relocation brackets and love em'! I bought me another set of OEM mirrors and leave them mounted on the brackets....remove doors, install the door less mirrors and I'm on my way! And no vibration at all! Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
I did the same. I bought the combo package they have with the Bestop mirrors. So much easier but also pricier.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your main concern is strictly being street legal, you can't go wrong with these for $50. They also have minimal vibration, so you actually can see out of them if you choose to.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054RW1HE/..._OCp0ub1Q9PJFJ

Quick Reply: anyone use these mirror relocation brackets?