Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone use the rear washer tube route for wiring?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use the rear washer tube route for wiring?

The only bushing I see through the firewall now holds the tubing for the rear window washer, and it looks perfectly placed to use as a wire entry into the driver/passenger area.
Anyone use this spot? Or, can someone point out where they ran wires into the compartment?
I'm having a heck of a time even finding a spot, and this looks obvious, almost too much so.
I'm hooking up some LED off road lights on the A pillars on my kid's 12 Rubi, and I looked today and saw the washer tube on my 12 Sahara Unlimited, she's got a hard top too so I figure she has the same setup.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I cut the bushing to route my spod cables. No problems.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

I use this spot. stuck an awl thru it to make a new hole, and have about 10 small wires running thru. go for it!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

there are holes on both sides of the firewall that you can get to by pulling the dash side panels by the doors off. just need to poke a hole in the foam fill in the hole.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you, it's just one of those "it looks too good (easy) to be true" moments.
I'm goin in.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

I used it also... The only drawback is that the wires come through SO high behind the dash its hard to reach them...
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bbolander
there are holes on both sides of the firewall that you can get to by pulling the dash side panels by the doors off. just need to poke a hole in the foam fill in the hole.
This ^^^^^. True on my 2007 and on my friend's 2012. So pretty much 100% true on all of them.

BOTH SIDES!

Quick Reply: Anyone use the rear washer tube route for wiring?