Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone use a rear swaybar drop bracket kit?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use a rear swaybar drop bracket kit?

I have only used longer rear sway bar links when lifting, but I see there are brackets available that drop the entire swaybar down from the frame. This keeps the swaybar from hitting factory wheels without using spacers. I don't see any negative since the brackets look very sturdy and the rear sway doesn't seem to have tons of load. Cannot imagine it breaking loose or anything. Anyone rocking these?

They sort of look like that but are made more heavy, Those are Rusty's XJ swaybar drop brackets. The ones I am looking at are made by someone else.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 06-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure how dropping the swaybar a bit would keep it from hitting the tire. But I made my own out of some square tube and longer bolts (for my over the sway bar exhaust).

Quick Reply: Anyone use a rear swaybar drop bracket kit?