Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anyone unhappy with FT 3" Economy LIFT

Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone unhappy with FT 3" Economy LIFT

Anyone unhappy with full traction 3" economy lift?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not unhappy with the lift at all. I did learn that when you do any 3" lift you are going to change the caster of your front axle. That affects steering. You will want to add an adj front track bar and some adj control arms to get things handling the same as when you started.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not unhappy at all with mine either rides great after i added the adj. track bar.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was told by dealer that one thing to watch for with a 3" lift is that yer rear trackbars??? ( i duno i just work here) need to be 12" long or you will get tire rub even with proper offset wheels or spacers etc.

I've no idea what I'm talking about tho so check all that yersleves please..
Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by LinkSync
I was told by dealer that one thing to watch for with a 3" lift is that yer rear trackbars??? ( i duno i just work here) need to be 12" long or you will get tire rub even with proper offset wheels or spacers etc.

Neither does he.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

I just installed mine today. Rides great. It does wonder quite a bit though. I'm guessing that has to due with the caster being off? Also, I know the adjustable trac bar will be something I add when I have the cash, but I have no bumpsteer at all so what problems will be caused by having the trac bar relocation bracket on the Jeep? What should I buy first, adjustable trac bar, or adjustable control arms? Can only buy one now not both.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Junkie

Either your dealer has no clue what he is talking bout, or you misunderstood him. That makes no sense at all.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

I'm guessing that he meant sway bar links. I noticed that if you were to lengthen them too much they will rub on the tire (with factory offset wheel). The sway bar and sway bar links run on the inside of the wheel from the factory. The skyjacker kit didn't come with longer ones so I was looking to make some but noticed that if they are too long they will get into the tire without the right wheel offset.

Quick Reply: Anyone unhappy with FT 3" Economy LIFT